Author Topic: Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale 2021: 1962-70 Shelby American vehicles  (Read 10534 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale 2021: 1962-70 Shelby American vehicles
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2021, 10:48:11 AM »
I do know that if I sell my 67 GT350
it won't be where I can't put a reserve on it.

Oh come on. You might be on TV for 20 seconds and Craig Jackson wins.

Isn't that enough?

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2021, 11:31:57 AM »
I don't think auctions can be used to set values, cars tend to be individual because of things like condition, originality, numbers matching, owner history etc. I believe that the bottom line take away from the auctions is that the interest continues in Shelby cars from the era.

Look at Mopar they had their day in the sun, now other then Cuda's, 68/69 chargers, and wing cars their is little interest in them.  As a whole fully restored correct cars are trading for less then 50% of their value from the mid 2000's. 

Shelby even in death continues to draw a crowd.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2021, 12:47:23 PM »
I don't think auctions can be used to set values, cars tend to be individual because of things like condition, originality, numbers matching, owner history etc. I believe that the bottom line take away from the auctions is that the interest continues in Shelby cars from the era.

Look at Mopar they had their day in the sun, now other then Cuda's, 68/69 chargers, and wing cars their is little interest in them.  As a whole fully restored correct cars are trading for less then 50% of their value from the mid 2000's. 

Shelby even in death continues to draw a crowd.

There are still fewer Shelbys than buyers. That is what drives the price. As you pointed out rare Mopars are also still bringing money. A few years ago there were a lot of restored Model As on the market cheap. Those collectors had aged out and no one was buying. Restored muscle seems to be in the same place right now and being taken over by resto mods. Most of Barrett Jackson's buyers want to drive these cars not stick them away. A 60s performance car without power steering, air conditioning, decent radio and comfortable seats is not what they are looking for. Resto mods bring big money because it took big money to build a good one. I'd say Day 1 BJ sales have some good bargains.
y
ya gotta wonder.. anyone there on the block or watching it on FYI ?  The bidding was jumping in 25K increments...see anyone in the crowd that was an actual bidder?... :-\
At different levels bids have to be of a certain amount. It's also a trick to show the other bidder you are serious and try to scare him off.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 09:40:06 PM »
962 500 $ for a regular 1965 GT350 , i can't believe this is a true sale .... ::)

I’d like to know what the deal is with that as well. If you know something and you don’t want to post it publicly send me a DM.
Even if I don’t like you I’ll read it.......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI