News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CSX2011 - Anyone have other photos of the Cobra?

Started by Benny, March 21, 2021, 04:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Hi Greg,
Thank you for the lead & I've emailed Doug, cheers.
6S1507

Cobra Ned

Here's a slice of one of the panoramic shots, with CSX 2011 and some thrill-seeker on the track. I pulled it out of the online registry, which has 18 photos of 2011.

Cobra Ned

Hey, A-Snake, who is this guy? He managed to worm (and sector) his way into your photo, too.

kranky

Quote from: honker on March 21, 2021, 02:54:41 PM
I have this in my files, I believe ? ? that is CSX 2011 #97 on the left, with CSX 2017 #11 ??  at Green Valley Texas in '67.

Stand to be corrected on the CSX #s & date,  some info on CSX 2017, in my 2008 registry is missing, the newer registry probably

has more info ?

Kranky ? ?

Mike

The #11 Cobra driver is noted as Ed Tucker (Lotus driver...is he the owner, I don't know the answer to that one.).  Ed Dnf'd the race as he was involved in an accident with a Mustang.  The #97 driver is Ron West in 2011, result unknown at the moment.  The race is the June 1967 Sunburn Nationals.

Richstang

Quote from: Benny on March 21, 2021, 03:12:26 PM
Hi Benny, Welcome to the forum!

Just like you, I've been collecting photos of all the Cobras. There'a at least 20-30 vintage photos of csx2011 out there in the wild / internet.
I was talking to another forum member about the paint scheme shown in your later restoration photo and thought it might not be entirely correct to the vintage appearance.
More recently (2015 RM auction) it showed up in a white / blue restoration version which may be more historically accurate.
Hopefully one of our resident experts will chime in and clear this up for us.

Hi Richstang,
Thank you for the reply on CSX2011, I also like the way you supplied your photos with & file name ;D. Concerning the sequence of colours, red, white, white with blue motifs, white with red & blue motifs & currently white with blue motifs? Would you think that may have been the sequence for the colour schemes?
[/quote]

Based on the photos I've gathered and some help from 'Kranky' to identify a few date/race events;

1962 December in Nassau - Red
1963 December in Nassau – White with Blue? (paint over fenders and on hood in B&W photos)
1964 February at Daytona – White & Blue (same paint at '64 Meadowdale and '64 Mid-Ohio)
1967 June at Green Valley - White
2006 July at SAAC 31 VIR - White, Red, Blue
2015 May RM Auction - White & Blue

some B&W photo added in as well
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Benny

Hi Ned, A-Snake, Kranky & Richstang, many thanks for all the photos, particularly the racing ones & Charlotte Motor Speedway, you guys certainly deliver the goods. I've liaised with Doug Chadwick, he plans to email me the panoramic photo from Charlotte Motor Speedway SAAC12 when he returns from travelling. I'll post his photo when I'm in receipt of it, cheers & thank you.
6S1507