News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original Console (Or Whats Left of It)

Started by Shelby68GT500, March 24, 2021, 10:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby68GT500

Was rummaging thru some boxes of stuff that came with my car when I got it in 1999.  Ran across the original console that was in my car when I got it.  PO had hacked off the whole front half of the console, never to be seen again.  I've had my reproduction console (Branda) installed for many years, but when comparing the construction of the two, the original one appears to be much sturdier construction.  The original lid appears to be in pretty good shape, albeit with the stitching all worn away.  Might just clean this one up and hang it on the wall of the garage for decoration...
428PI, 4sp, factory AC

68blk500c

What is left has some nice original parts: ashtray with knob; lid in pretty nice condition with hinge; I'm guessing that lid will have its original latch pin parts, too.  Does it still have the felt storage bin along with the light lens?

Why it was cut?  Who knows.

roddster

Cut off so Chicky-Baby could sit next to you on a date.

KR500

When I bought My KR back in 1989 it was missing the entire console. Did some research and found the original owner. Talked to him and he said he removed it because it got in the way between him and his girlfriend. 
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

68blk500c

I had a folding center armrest on a bench seat.  Not very cool, but other advantages won out.

Well,if you pop a few holes in the back you have a mini"skeeball"court.....