Author Topic: Jay Leno apologizes for being born........  (Read 4842 times)

stephen_becker

• View Profile
Jay Leno apologizes for being born........
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:56:10 PM »
Time to take away his man-card & sell off his car collection!

Get woke
Go broke

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jay-leno-asian-jokes-apology-manaa-nbc-fox-1234937201/

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Jay Leno apologizes for being born........
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 09:40:57 AM »
Time to stand up AMERICA.
He has not been the same after they forced him out of the tonight show. He made BO jokes, thus the NBC bigwigs were told to get rid of him and look what we have.
Actually Leno's Garage is really not worth watching either. I like my cars, but to keep this hobby going, you don't have some super rich guy showing off cars that normal people will never be able to have.
RARE  Signature Delete

ChicagoChris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 10:46:58 AM »
I'm Irish and live in the City of Chicago where they still call it a 'Paddy Wagon.'
Been waiting for my apology from the City for 61 years.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »
  When different ethnic people come to the USA they often bring cultural practices "foreign" to "us". MANY of those practices are ILLEGAL! Now it seems we can't even talk about about those practices without being called racist. If the USA is SO racist , why not go back to THEIR country?
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 11:23:52 AM »
     It's like having a really bad neighbor who doesn't take care of their own swimming pool, so after their pool is no longer habitable, they jump over your fence to swim in yours!    :o

Oh, and while their there, complain that your racist because you didn't also supply them with one of those drinks with the little umbrellas and a straw.    ::)

Scott.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 12:13:37 PM »
Follow the money he's protecting his pocketbook.

MANAA’s Aoki said he appealed to Leno’s new employers at Fox, where he hosts the game show “You Bet Your Life,” initially offering them an ultimatum of firing the host or MANAA would approach sponsors to boycott the project.

“At the time I did those jokes, I genuinely thought them to be harmless,” Leno said in a joint press release with MANAA leader Guy Aoki. “I was making fun of our enemy North Korea, and like most jokes, there was a ring of truth to them.”

So the bottom line is he told the truth and is now apologizing for it.

Oh well I guess I'll just keep the pile of original SHOGUN document's I have and the original 001 Production tag. He's always claimed his car was 001 but it's 003. I gave him that tag years ago. Last time I saw the car he still hasn't put the tag on. I guess it ruins the story. The first one built (blue) was Beck's demo. That got serial number 2  because the guy who bought the second car (red) paid extra for it to be 001. Leno's (silver) is 003. Chuck got the tags in time for 4-7 to have them installed. The yellow prototype never got a number.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
I'm Irish and live in the City of Chicago where they still call it a 'Paddy Wagon.'

Elsewhere the Paddy Wagon was referred to as the Black Maria's.   ::)

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »

I recall that term for the Police Vans in Philly when I was a kid... but it was more of an Italian area of the city, I had no idea of the origin of that term ???
I'll try to remember to check with my kids and see what they call those vehicles today?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »
^^^They are probably forced to name it something like:

"Unlawful and Unkind Fascist-Ruled Vehicle of Eminent World Destruction...and keto tofu bar."
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 02:38:20 PM »
^^^They are probably forced to name it something like:

"Unlawful and Unkind Fascist-Ruled Vehicle of Eminent World Destruction...and keto tofu bar."

They will be defunded and sold to junk yards. Can we still call them junk yards? One mans junk is another mans treasure, we could be offending some one.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 04:20:00 PM »
  When different ethnic people come to the USA they often bring cultural practices "foreign" to "us". MANY of those practices are ILLEGAL! Now it seems we can't even talk about about those practices without being called racist. If the USA is SO racist , why not go back to THEIR country?

Imagine what the native Indians to North America thought when European settlers arrived...
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »
     You don't have to wonder, the bow & arrows spoke clearly.  Human behavior really hasn't changed that much!    :o

Scott.

Benny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »
Time to take away his man-card & sell off his car collection!

Get woke
Go broke

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jay-leno-asian-jokes-apology-manaa-nbc-fox-1234937201/

Get Woke & Go Broke, I agree. Its a little bit like our modern day Wokies they're a long way from a Wookiee
6S1507

Benny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »

Imagine what the native Indians to North America thought when European settlers arrived...

What Him Say. (I loved this cartoon as a kid)
6S1507

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 05:33:20 PM »
AMEN!!