Author Topic: Carroll Shelby & A new Ferrari  (Read 3776 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carroll Shelby & A new Ferrari
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
Reverse engineering .... is a dangerous path as it can leave the person/organization at risk for legal action,
They all do reverse engineering and then they launch hordes of engineers and lawyers at what they discovered and how to legally adapt it to their own product.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »
Hadn't seen that CS photo, pretty kool !

Pictures of Carroll Shelby
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1106.345
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 04:18:12 PM »
Are we talking about the original 60's GT40 or the '05-'06 FGT That the bumper sticker was in reference to?

The '05-'06 FGT borrowed Zero engineering from the F430. The 430 Carroll was standing next to was used to confirm all of the performance capabilities of the FGT would meet and/or exceed the 430.

Which is why I posted that it was used as a benchmark for the new Ford GT. BTW Ford was POed at Leno for him loaning his GT to Toyota (or maybe Nissan, I forget which) for them to use as a benchmark for a car they were developing.

Leno is a SELLOUT.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 04:21:54 PM »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 08:44:14 PM »
Reverse engineering .... is a dangerous path as it can leave the person/organization at risk for legal action,
They all do reverse engineering and then they launch hordes of engineers and lawyers at what they discovered and how to legally adapt it to their own product.
  A few years ago there had to be 3 distinct engineering changes that would deem it to be a non copied entity. Bota boom, Bota bing good to go. The point I was trying to make is if you are a racer and you are getting your a-- handed to you week after week because you are a little company SHELBY AMERICAN and you look around at the sleek aerodynamic designs they were producing (OTHERS) you take that sleek design that cheats the wind so nicely and make some of your own improvements now you have something special! To say there are no design or engineering used from other car makers is laughable. Look around today the KIAS HYUNDAI CHEVY FORD TOYOTAS of today are so similar if you removed the badges most people couldnt tell the difference. That is not by coincidence. The rest is figured out by their Lawyers.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 09:18:00 PM »
....today the KIAS HYUNDAI CHEVY FORD TOYOTAS of today are so similar if you removed the badges most people couldnt tell the difference.

Sometimes it is the same car. https://carfromjapan.com/article/industry-knowledge/subaru-and-toyota-manufacture-same-car-the-strategy/

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 11:11:23 PM »
 ;D There you go and Im sure many more do it with out us knowing it. I learned in the moto world SUZUKI and KAWASAKI are in a collaboration for engines and parts. Keeps the brands alive.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 12:40:21 AM »
;D There you go and Im sure many more do it with out us knowing it. I learned in the moto world SUZUKI and KAWASAKI are in a collaboration for engines and parts. Keeps the brands alive.
Yamaha and Ford for the SHO Taurus engines. Ford had to cast the iron blocks here and ship them to Japan. Japan had no iron engine casting ability left.