News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Firewall details

Started by Corey Bowcutt, March 29, 2021, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on April 01, 2021, 06:50:13 PM
All of the pictures have been very helpful.  When disassembling my firewall I found a plastic hanger attached to one of the small metal mushrooms that protrude from the firewall  It was attached to the mushroom in the upper corner above the brake booster.  But there was nothing being retained by it.  Is it supposed to be in this location and if so what does it retain?  It is the clip shown on the right in the below photo.

Secondly, when I bought an AMK kit a few years ago for plastic wire retainers and such it came with the 3 straps shown on the left in the photo.  I am sure these go on some of the other small metal mushrooms protruding from the firewall but not sure which ones get used and what they retain.  I do see one in the photos supplied and it is retaining the heater blower wire.  Any idea where the others go?  I do see I believe 4 of these metal mushrooms.  Do they all get used?

Thank you,

Corey
Do you have the 1968 Osborn Assy Manuals(pink books). Those can help you out on many things. Do you have that shock tower clip for the SW gauge wiring that goes on the pass shock tower?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Corey Bowcutt

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on April 02, 2021, 06:43:36 AM
All of the pictures have been very helpful.  When disassembling my firewall I found a plastic hanger attached to one of the small metal mushrooms that protrude from the firewall  It was attached to the mushroom in the upper corner above the brake booster.  But there was nothing being retained by it.  Is it supposed to be in this location and if so what does it retain?  It is the clip shown on the right in the below photo.

Secondly, when I bought an AMK kit a few years ago for plastic wire retainers and such it came with the 3 straps shown on the left in the photo.  I am sure these go on some of the other small metal mushrooms protruding from the firewall but not sure which ones get used and what they retain.  I do see one in the photos supplied and it is retaining the heater blower wire.  Any idea where the others go?  I do see I believe 4 of these metal mushrooms.  Do they all get used?

Thank you,

Corey
Do you have the 1968 Osborn Assy Manuals(pink books). Those can help you out on many things. Do you have that shock tower clip for the SW gauge wiring that goes on the pass shock tower?

I do not have that bracket.  Do you have any spares you are looking to sell?

Corey

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on April 02, 2021, 06:56:29 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on April 02, 2021, 06:43:36 AM

Thank you,

Corey

I do not have that bracket.  Do you have any spares you are looking to sell?

Corey
I bought mine off of Ebay around 2007. The seller kept listing them and they would generally sell for 9-20 dollars. They were used on  earlier Mustangs. I'm sure Pete or Tim Lea can put you in the right direction of finding one. Here is the seller(I paid 9.99 for mine-luckily the description is still there )Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)