News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Most expensive 67 GT500 currently for sale?

Started by BGlover67, April 10, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine, but I imagine they are pricing this car so high because of the 'dealer installed 427 side oiler.' 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Shelby-GT500/162892048127?hash=item25ed1f66ff:g:xQIAAOSw4Qdae6Oh&vxp=mtr

Vehicle Description

This GT-500 is 1 of only 5 that were ever created. Backed up with a MARTI report, this Shelby GT-500 has a dealer installed 427 side oiler. This rare Mustang had a complete rotisserie restoration completed on it and is as good as the day it drove off of the showroom floor! All of the stampings down to the Kelsey Hayes rims and steering wheel are correct for the era and is truly amazing to see a piece of automotive history preserved as well as this one has. The 427 side oiler has always been one of the most sought after of Ford engines for their high performance and racing pedigree. The Shelby GT-500 was the most powerful Mustang created in 1967 and was created in very limited quantities overall. This engine configuration from the factory was expected to make over 450 horsepower and the numbers were typically under rated. The look of the late sixties Mustang fastbacks are timeless. The swooping lines and sharp edges are unforgettable. This iconic American muscle car is not just a pretty face though. The car runs and drives very well and feels like endless amounts of power. As you drive along it is hard not to get caught up in the nostalgia while gripping the wood grain steering wheel and are looking into the faces of each Shelby gauge then looking to your right and seeing Carroll Shelby’s signature on the glove box is the icing on the cake! This piece of history is well documented and in superb shape. No matter if you plan on using at just a show piece or to drive occasionally you are surely to be the only one in your group with the same car. This vehicle is located in our Denver showroom. You can view this 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500 in greater detail including HD pictures and an HD video of it running and driving at . If you are interested in purchasing this vehicle or have more questions regarding it please call us at 303-351-7058 or email us at.

$460,000   Make offer.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

mgreene

104 pics, and NONE of the engine compartment - probably didn't want to show the VIN tag as I would bet ot has had a color change.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

stangman39

shelbydoug

For that kind of money I want the original engine and I want the side stripes installed correctly.

If the builder was in a place that had a real bathroom with running water, electricity and went past 6th grade they should have known this?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TOBKOB

That looks a lot like the one Pookie had for sale.  ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

stangman39

Quote from: TOBKOB on April 10, 2018, 09:17:30 AM
That looks a lot like the one Pookie had for sale.  ::)

I was wondering the same thing

tesgt350

What makes it "1 of 5"?  The 427 swap would not be on the Marti Report so that can't be it.

BGlover67

Personally, I like the crooked gas cap.  It helps you to remember that these were hand built cars.  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

It's that rare glove box signature that puts it over the top
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Richstang

It is very similar to the pookie car #2939, but it is not the same.

This owner seems to be fishing for a sucker...at nearly double the value of a concours GT500.

It is #2528. The 1 of 5 refers to the color red with a 4spd and A/C (non therm car, there were a few more in that combo with the smog pump)
I have it noted as offered at the Buckhorn Auction 8/27/2014 with no other info.

http://www.coauctioneers.com/auction/237730/1967-shelby-gt500-cobra/
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

gt350cs

rich,

I agree with your opinion of this being #2528. I have a number of pictures on file with same signed dash and floor matts.

The five cars that are referred to are consecutive numbers #2526 through #2529. All are listed as receiving Magstar wheels, three are listed as outboard lights and two are listed as unknown. One car is listed as non-louvered hood (this could have been reported by previous owner incorrectly), two are listed as louvered hoods and two are listed as unknown.

#2528 is listed as outboard lights and louvered hood as pictured and was shipped to Sutton-Brock - Alamagordo, NM 6/27/67.

Dennis 

Richstang

Dennis,
Thanks for confirming my thoughts and the added notes.

I see the air cleaner has yet another CS signature (that's 3 so far!?!).
Plus there's a lot of details that are off the factory specs (orange shocks, Monte Carlo bar, and the caution sticker are just a few off the mark).

BGlover67

Great detective work Rich.  Does it still come with the trailer?  The Cobra graphics send a large beacon to all would be thief's yelling, "Steal Me!  I'm a Shelby!"
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

67_1183

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Richstang

Brian,
I didn't realize there were more photos in that 2014 auction link beyond the five on the main page. Well done.
That trailer is a bit flashy, but it appears that owner had it parked indoors for safe keeping.

Jeff / 67_1183,
Thanks for the direct link to the dealers/consignors website. That certainly helps.
Nice to see more photos and the Marti for it.