News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Most expensive 67 GT500 currently for sale?

Started by BGlover67, April 10, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

First time I noticed this........the Rear Bumper Guards, are they supposed to be Body Color or Stripe Color if the Shelby has the Lemans Stripes?

jim mac

None came with stripes, so they were all body colored to begin with.  From what I have seen, most that add stripes make them the color of the stripes, which is usually white.  It seems to look better in my opinion.

Jim
"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

tesgt350

Quote from: jim mac on April 10, 2018, 01:49:36 PM
None came with stripes, so they were all body colored to begin with.  From what I have seen, most that add stripes make them the color of the stripes, which is usually white.  It seems to look better in my opinion.

Jim

That part I know, just wondering if the Judges cared either way when they Judge the Car at SAAC / MCA.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on April 10, 2018, 02:05:44 PM
Quote from: jim mac on April 10, 2018, 01:49:36 PM

Jim

That part I know, just wondering if the Judges cared either way when they Judge the Car at SAAC / MCA.
Yep they do care. The stripes are the least of the problems with this car from a concours judging stand point.  A car entered in concours is expected to be of a level that would be capable to earn a award with assemblyline correctness being one of the main yardsticks. A seasoned concours judge can do a quick cursory walk around and typically guess with a good degree of accuracy where a car will place. With that said a car that is too far off the mark is typically asked to move to a more appropriate class in as sensitive way as possible. The car in this thread is one of those cars that although nice looking has not been built to assemblyline standards as expected in any of the 3 major Shelby concours venues. Based on the pictures in links provided in this thread if this car was entered in a major Shelby concours venue the car would be asked to move to another class because it is below concours assemblyline expectations. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350cs

Bob,

Well said and I totally agree, it is a very nice looking car and rare based upon options and color; but not as originally built San Jose and SAI.

I always appreciate what you bring to the table in these discussions.

Price is not realistic as far as I am concerned.

Dennis

gt350hr

How about the "never period made" finned aluminum oil pan. Or maybe the '68 oil filler cap? The not originally equipped ( besides BENT) Monte Carlo bar ?  Where is the PROOF that the 427 was dealer installed? Want Gateway's response? "We rely on the customer's description of his vehicle".
     Nobody here would be foolish enough to buy the car for that kind of money , thank goodness.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Quote from: tesgt350 on April 10, 2018, 10:42:35 AM
What makes it "1 of 5"?  The 427 swap would not be on the Marti Report so that can't be it.

Ya ya
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Nice looking car. Worth about 150k
Very Sammy Hagar.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

SCJSTU

1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment