Author Topic: correct decals for 69 shelby shock absorbers  (Read 3555 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
correct decals for 69 shelby shock absorbers
« on: April 09, 2021, 03:13:46 AM »
Hi---June production Shelby GT 500 has different decals in front and back----Can anyone help with which is front and possibly who sales them---Thank U

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: correct decals for 69 shelby shock absorbers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 12:05:40 PM »
Hi---June production Shelby GT 500 has different decals in front and back----Can anyone help with which is front and possibly who sales them---Thank U
ECS .   https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 01:24:14 AM »
Thonk U Mr. Gaines

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »
Same unique  snake decal on front VS rear white shocks and only difference is where u put the decal on shock. Rear goes just above autolite c9zx #s and front goes just below autolite c9zx #s.  ECS decals are made exactly like originals on original 3m paper. Years ago when dave (rip) was here at my place getting parts i would give him original decal and tags that nobody else ever made to detail fords correctly and he wanted me to go in business with him making tags & decals but i told him i would help him and supply originals to copy. I got him in contact with ford thru Jim Engle who was working at ford licensing dept about using FOMOCO trademarks logos to make 100% concours correct tags and decals and lots of paperwork u have to go thru and use only original 3m paper that ford used originally and pay ford a royalty fee. I compared the repo decals that were already being sold and many werent the same size and fonting changes and lacked all the details and ford trademarks so i told dave it would be worth the time and trouble and ford fees to work with ford and make ALL the decals over not just the ones nobody had already made so ECS business started and shortly after dave quit his job when he expanded and went into GM and Mopar decals and parts.  After Dave Walden  (rip) passed away about 2 years ago his wife Cindy quit her job to keep the business going and daves 3 children are helping out also and E C S name is the initials of his 3 kids.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 06:18:42 PM »
With all the gloom and doom in current affairs with Covid , here comes Mr. Meyer with uplifting story--- Thank U  we all need some good ending to help us thru this uncertain times---WELL DONE--Thank U

cob428

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »
I couldn't find it on their website, when I called I spoke to Tom and he wasn't aware that they had the decals. He did some research and found them. Was asking me what years they fit and I didn't know the exact information. If that could be relayed to him I ordered a set and he will add it to their on line catalog.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 06:09:50 PM »
I couldn't find it on their website, when I called I spoke to Tom and he wasn't aware that they had the decals. He did some research and found them. Was asking me what years they fit and I didn't know the exact information. If that could be relayed to him I ordered a set and he will add it to their on line catalog.
You can tell him from approximately the end of March 1969 to the end of 69/70 production.They are for the last first generation Shelby shock.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 11:04:47 PM »
the snake decals only go on white c9zx shocks

cob428

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 10:31:59 AM »
I received the decals Saturday, question I have does anyone have an original, these decals are 2x2 , Are these the correct size, they look small.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 08:05:02 AM »
If u got snake decals from ECS they were made from an original decal i took off one of my NOS shocks since the older repo decals were not exact size and thats why i had ECS make them. I think there were 2 different older repo decals made years ago. The problem is many older repo decals and tags were made from a picture instead of a having the original in there had to get it exactly right. All of the 69-70 ECS decals i was involved with having ECS make were made from originals i  had sent them others may have helped them on other years decals but i mainly focused on the 69-70 years decals.

cob428

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 02:14:55 PM »
Thanks I appreciate all your help. Just wanted to make sure that they were that small 2x2