The Cars > CSX 3000 Series

A question for the SAAC Aficionado's on CSX3232

(1/7) > >>

Benny:
Concerning the SAAC definition around "Present Condition", is it considered fair to call CSX3232 a "wrecked, parted out & reconstructed" or Destroyed, parted out & reconstructed Cobra? I'm asking the question based on photos & notes from the World Registry of Cobra's website & 4th Edition book & the attached photo.

98SVT - was 06GT:
Difficult to answer. The owner of the red car may sue you because the value of his car was reduced if you called it a "wrecked, parted out & reconstructed" or "Destroyed, parted out & reconstructed Cobra" on a public forum.

Benny:
Hi 98SVT-was06GT, I never realised a person could get sued for asking a question & someone suggesting their honest opinion on historical information about a car? So much for history & freedom of speech however I'm very thankful for the records & notes provided by SAAC on Shelby motor vehicles & thanks for sharing your opinion, cheers.

shelbydoug:

--- Quote from: Benny on April 10, 2021, 03:14:36 AM ---Hi 98SVT-was06GT, I never realised a person could get sued for asking a question & someone suggesting their honest opinion on historical information about a car? So much for history & freedom of speech however I'm very thankful for the records & notes provided by SAAC on Shelby motor vehicles & thanks for sharing your opinion, cheers.

--- End quote ---

The Registry was sued several times for publishing known information about several cars. It has not lost any decisions that I'm aware of or needed to settle out of court YET.

There was even a website put up years ago attacking our own Cobra Registrar, the Registry and SAAC all as conspiracy theorists and libelists with SAAC having the purpose of personal vendettas.This happened even before the advent of Q. So ridiculous untrue accusations of conspiracy at SAAC are nothing new here.

Unfortunately Cobras in particular attract more grifters and wheeler dealers then any other car out of the Shelby stables.

The thing to realize is that the SAAC Registry is not accepted as a legal document so caution should prevail while considering using it as one's defense. The wise thing to do would to keep it confidential as part of your personal research on a vehicle and inquire with the specific Registrar to see if there is confidential information withheld from publication before you buy?

There are lots of things it knows about past activities of certain questionable individuals who are even SAAC members and active here that can not be spoken of publicly without the risk of a "defaming" law suit. You might be right if you spill the beans publicly or "publish" it but it's gonna' cost you a bunch in legal fees even if you prevail.

We would like to think that we can reform them to see the light but that would be too God like if you ask me?

Benny:
G'day Shelbydoug, I'm from Australia & 52 years of age & wasn't even born when these cars came into existence & I'm know Cobra expert. However through SAAC, becoming a member, purchasing a number of Shelby registries & joining the World Registry of Cobra website I'm learning how to identify Cobras via location stamped marks, photos & previous owners.
Without SAAC & their Shelby paperwork & other documentation, I'd have know idea how to differentiate a genuine Cobra over a great reproduction.
In short I never meant to upset anyone with my post or stir up trouble, I'll also remove the post if requested. Thank you for your response & personally I'll always rely upon SAAC & their information, cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version