News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 Inboard grill, original?

Started by bhoulis, April 12, 2018, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhoulis

Has anyone ever seen an original 67 inboard headlight grill with the mesh off center like the one in the picture? Part has been with car since I bought it in early 1982. Car does have some front end history so wondering if it's an actual Ford/Shelby replacement part or early repop. Thanks Brian

JD

I have not seen one - but it would seem that now I have! 

I've wondered if any got out like this, others will have seen more and interested to hear what they say.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

They didn't do a very good job welding the ring around the driver side opening either. Someone was having an off day...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: houlis on April 12, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
Has anyone ever seen an original 67 inboard headlight grill with the mesh off center like the one in the picture? Part has been with car since I bought it in early 1982. Car does have some front end history so wondering if it's an actual Ford/Shelby replacement part or early repop. Thanks Brian
I have never seen one like that so I don't think it is common. If it was a service part for repairing front in damage the body shop wasn't paying attention when they accepted that part. Not beyond the realm of possibility that it could have been installed at the factory but regardless it is debatable if you would be doing the car a service by keeping it so. This is not a cool mistake. This would be a interesting wall hanger in my garage because I couldn't in good conscience sell it. That is just me others may think differently. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby