Author Topic: KR fan clutch  (Read 3944 times)

Jack4159

• View Profile
KR fan clutch
« on: April 22, 2021, 04:36:48 AM »
My fan clutch is out of the car and not feeling very smooth when you turn it by hand.
I was kindly referred to Chris Brown by Don(thank you Don) for a replacement and whilst he has some fan clutches  my fan clutch is marked E-C8OE-A, which I believe is correct for a KR with AC, well at least for a 68 cobra jet with AC and Chris doesn't have this version listed. No email address on his website so I may have to stay up late and call, just like in the good old days, as I'm in Australia.
I have found clutches designated B and C but not A, is there anyone who rebuilds these? Or any leads on where I might be able to get the A version? Or worst case, will the B or C work OK?
Thanks in advance, the help provided selflessly on this site by so relatively few to so many is a great thing.
Geoff

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: KR fan clutch
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:39:37 AM »
Geoff,

Check KR thread back in December of 2019 in regards to KR fan clutches. That is the info I received when buying my reproduction from Chris Brown. My car is
#4412 and build date of July 23.

Don
gt350bp

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:42:32 AM »
I got the impression, correctly or not,  that the current repro fan clutches are all the same, just stamped with the engineering number that you want?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »
No chris brown made different versions of the fan clutch for different years as they are not all the same clutches

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 09:18:12 AM »
Chris had me verify the correct clutch number with Pete or Tim.  He had 3 different models I believe and they were slightly different in appearance.  Probably best to call him.  Great guy and product.

http://www.brownsautobodyservices.com/shop

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 03:42:01 AM »
I’m going to suggest if you have a -A it’s been replaced. Would expect to see C8ZX A on AC car but a few have been found with C8OE C.  For the record -Bs were used on non KR CJ engines and 390 non AC

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »
Ring me up or  email me.    cbrownmustangs@hotmail.com

shop 573 754 6940

Jack4159

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 05:57:04 AM »
Thanks everyone, appreciate the info.In a rare moment of clarity I thought to check my build sheet.Under fan, it has C8OE-B.Is that for the fan, the fan clutch, or are they considered one unit?
Thanks for your contact details Chris I will def get in touch.

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 08:07:46 AM »
If this helps.
I have KR #3562, Auto with AC, late June build.
Fan is C80E-B
Clutch is C80E-C

Ted
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:09:29 AM by TedS »

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 07:45:10 PM »
Thanks everyone, appreciate the info.In a rare moment of clarity I thought to check my build sheet.Under fan, it has C8OE-B.Is that for the fan, the fan clutch, or are they considered one unit?
Fan blade.

Jack4159

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
Fan blade.

It does help thank you.

Jack4159

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »
If this helps.
I have KR #3562, Auto with AC, late June build.
Fan is C80E-B
Clutch is C80E-C

Ted
Thank you.

Jack4159

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »
Clutch fan arrived today from Chris Brown, he is an absolute gentleman highly recommend and the clutch fan is very awesome.
Thanks for helping with advice everyone.

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 11:03:06 AM »
I agree 100% regarding doing business with Chris, as well as the awesome parts. The air filters he reproduced are also a excellent part and I highly recommend. Got mine for my KR and couldn't be happier with it!

Don
gt350bp

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 09:44:34 AM »
thank you guys for the kind words and support !!  We have some pretty cool new stuff coming as soon as the country gets back to work...

chris