News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford Station Wagons

Started by honker, May 01, 2021, 09:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 24, 2022, 08:29:53 PMBeat the crap out of the Mercury driver? (That car looks to be at fault.)

Yes - basic rule. Yield to uphill traffic.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

69mach351w

Quote from: Tom Honegger on January 24, 2022, 05:53:57 PM
This is an interesting shot from 1966(?) or so. Jim Harrell with his A Sedan Mustang, tow vehicle 1957 Ford wagon. Jim raced
a '69 Mustang in A Sedan and a few Trans Am races in 1969. Was F Ford National Champion in 1971. Quite an interesting career
in motorsports, crew chief in Can Am, Formula B and more. He completed continuation Cobras at his shop in the Carolina's (Nostalgia
Motors) early 2000's for Carroll Shelby. Has built a nice selection of street rods. Pretty amazing guy.
Awesome Vintage racing photo ;)

honker

Coulter's 1956 Ford ambulance. Quite the light array, you would certainly see him coming !

shelby 711

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

one of our less active guys sent this one -brand new - '70 photo.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelby 711 on January 29, 2022, 10:47:15 PM
My 1964 Falcon wagon.

Nice. My Dad had a little red '64. 144 six. You couldn't kill it. It must have gone around the clock two or three times and when he went to sell it, people thought it was 34,000 miles because it looked it.

I've been thinking of a Ranchero but this one pops up now and then though.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

You do what you have to do   ::)    Ford Pinto/Mercury Bobcat wagon ?

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: propayne on January 24, 2022, 12:34:51 PM
If Rader Wheels, American Sunroof and a customized car are concerned, there's a good chance George Barris was involved.
My thoughts exactly

After performing clean sunroof installations in many cars out in California with limited resources, Ford Motor Company executives took notice of the upstart company. Prechter was granted a handsome contract to perform 'factory' approved installations in 500 Mercury Cougar XR-7's for the 1968 model year. That same year, American Sunroof took a more active role in automobile production and moved a satellite office to Detroit, Michigan to be closer to the automotive decision makers. It was about to get serious. Larger contracts with Ford continued over time, and many motorists nationwide started enjoying the sun and the sky while driving something from the "Ford Family of Fine Cars".
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Lincoln tech

Quote from: honker on May 10, 2022, 11:30:32 AM
Have seen a Pinto with Bobcat interior delivered to dealer back in the day, oops  ???     

mikeh

At St Louis last year, caught everyone by surprise!

JD

Got smoked by a wheel standing Fairmont Wagon - ouch.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

tesgt350

Quote from: Lincoln tech on May 10, 2022, 01:14:07 PM
Quote from: honker on May 10, 2022, 11:30:32 AM
Have seen a Pinto with Bobcat interior delivered to dealer back in the day, oops  ???     

Back in the Day, they would do that for you.  Back in 77/78, our Pontiac Dealer swapped out a complete Interior between two Trans Am's.  My Friend wanted a Blue Trans Am they had but didn't like the Gray Interior Color so he told them to switch with the Silver Trans Am that had the Light Blue Interior and they said sure, come back in a few Days.  Sure enough, they did it with the Manufacturers blessing.  NOW, I wanted to buy a Mustang but hated the Wheels, I asked them to swap Wheels with another Mustang and they said NO. So, I left. I miss the good old days when Dealerships were helpful.