News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 K code Conv @ BJ Palm Beach $95 hammer

Started by sfm5s081, April 13, 2018, 04:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm5s081

All I can say is wow! $95k hammer price. Not a GT but has GT wheels. Somebody really wanted it

69gt500

ITHERTZ

This car and it's matching FB sold well, but the ride height on both leaves me scratching my head - and no engine photos either.  Hard to determine the condition/accuracy of these two Kars without being there.  I've been saying K code convertibles have been way undervalued for years.  I'm still not selling mine (:

69gt500

I will be happy to sell mine. Totally numbers matching, running and driving car but it is a project. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.

J_Speegle

Quote from: sfm5s081 on April 13, 2018, 04:43:07 PM
All I can say is wow! $95k hammer price. Not a GT but has GT wheels. Somebody really wanted it

Those styled steel wheels were not part of the GT package ;)  but sold separately
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

bluek

I was there yesterday and got to check out the Kars a bit post sale.  The fastback sold for mid $60k and the couple for $50k+.   I didn't write down the vins unfortunately to be able to check if any of the 3 were in the HIPO registry at all.  The door tags on all 3 were not originals, fuel pumps, alternators, and likely? other items were not numbers correct  -- I believe they were new knockoffs you could buy at a CJ Pony Parts etc...  I didn't check for the VIN stamped into the motors but was told they were there. All 3 vehicles did seem to sit unusually high.  I'm as happy as everyone else to see K Codes finally get some respect and trade for higher values, but, to put in nicely, I think the seller of these Kars did amazingly well given issues mentioned and some that I won't mention. 

Check out lot #637 at some point today -- 65 k code convertible.  I have no affiliation with this Kar but was able to look at it yesterday.  Was a real beauty will be interesting to see what it goes for given the 3 that sold yesterday.   

I own an 10/1/64 built 65 K Convertible in Silver Blue that is a driver. I've owned the Kar for 10years.  If anyone is in the market or a Kar they'd like to drive around or restore at some point let me know.