Author Topic: Ebay Problem  (Read 1447 times)

texas swede

• View Profile
Ebay Problem
« on: May 12, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »
Hi guys,
I need your advise. Bought a couple of NOS rubber plugs 377678-S on Ebay two days ago
and today I got the money refunded with a explanation that the seller had ran out of them.
To me that means he sold something he didn't have. However I got my money back.
Now to the question: Shall I give him bad feedback or not?
Texas Swede

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
Re: Ebay Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 07:07:45 PM »
How can you tell the difference from a current reproduction with the part number on it?

Forget about it

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 07:08:25 PM »
I try to keep things like this in perspective. I have made similar mistakes by listing items that I can’t find,or find they are not correct.....that being said,if it were YOU that made the mistake would you want negative feedback,or hard feelings? Contact seller and offer to buy same item if available in the future. I have made some very good contacts by giving a little understanding. Golden rule

Ldouble619

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 07:15:52 PM »
Short answer is no.

Also if he canceled the transaction, you won’t be able to leave feedback

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 07:52:06 PM »
Short answer is no.

Also if he canceled the transaction, you won’t be able to leave feedback

I agree.  I stay away from giving negative feedback unless I feel it's warranted.  In this case I would be satisfied with my refund
and would just shop elsewhere.  FYI-----you are correct that you can't leave feedback when the transaction is cancelled.  However, If a seller
simply refunds your money without cancelling the transaction feedback can still be left.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 09:07:44 PM »
I try to keep things like this in perspective. I have made similar mistakes by listing items that I can’t find,or find they are not correct.....that being said,if it were YOU that made the mistake would you want negative feedback,or hard feelings? Contact seller and offer to buy same item if available in the future. I have made some very good contacts by giving a little understanding. Golden rule

Hi Bo,

I agree with Rukiddin's reply ^

Think I have only ever given negative feedback once, and that guy was a complete crook.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 09:15:51 PM »
Thanks guys,
No feedback will be given. 
Texas Swede