News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Battery warning tag

Started by kram350, April 14, 2018, 03:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kram350

Does the battery warning tag (colored white & red) belong on the positive, negative post or not used at all? Have seen placed on both, but not sure what is factory. Fits better on the negative due to the tag hole size , but then you can't read from front of car. Thanks

J_Speegle

IF your referring to the plastic label that comes with the repo 68 - style battery. Originally for 66 it was not there
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kram350 on April 14, 2018, 03:15:29 PM
Does the battery warning tag (colored white & red) belong on the positive, negative post or not used at all? Have seen placed on both, but not sure what is factory. Fits better on the negative due to the tag hole size , but then you can't read from front of car. Thanks
It was not used at all on the original batteries.I am not for sure when it started being used but it was after the 60's. When the New Castle battery company first introduced the repro batteries they had to have the tags for liability reasons and people started to think that the tag was on the original batteries when they were not.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kram350

Thanks. I thought there was a tag (or something) on the positive post shown in the picture of the hoodless '65's lined up at LAX? Hard to make out, but must be just battery printing?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kram350 on April 14, 2018, 09:40:18 PM
Thanks. I thought there was a tag (or something) on the positive post shown in the picture of the hoodless '65's lined up at LAX? Hard to make out, but must be just battery printing?
The 65-67 batteries had raised yellow printing on the top of the battery case between the two posts.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby