News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Another Icon gets zapped

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, May 18, 2021, 05:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Now the Lightning is going over the cliff. Watch it live on the 19th at 6:30pm

https://www.fordcountryhenderson.com/f150-lightning.html
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

They aren't trying to sell vehicles to our demographic any longer.

Kent

This thing is really ugly, I liked the raptor and all this stuff, I have a 16 focus rs and had a 2018 raptor and some other new Ford Toys but this Lightning looks like it would be better if it got hit by a lightning and burn down to the ground.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

67 GT350

When I saw Biden driving it, number one, it must have been in self driving mode, because he probably did not know what was going on. AND second BARF because I saw him driving it.

Hey Shelby owner's thank many years of liberal voting. (Period) nothing more to say.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 20, 2021, 08:59:49 AM
When I saw Biden driving it, number one, it must have been in self driving mode, because he probably did not know what was going on. AND second BARF because I saw him driving it.

Hey Shelby owner's thank many years of liberal voting. (Period) nothing more to say.
Farley has said he wants Ford to be an ALL ELECTRIC company. The next gen Mustang will be built on the Explorer chassis - which has only been used with a V6. It won't be all gas but a hybrid.
PS - Biden didn't "drive" the lightning. It was driven by a guy sitting behind the wheel on the right side. Videos of the scam are now hard to find and most have been deleted from searches. The most telling one was a shot that caught the steering wheel and LF wheel in the same frame as Biden was driving off. He turned the wheel right and the front wheel continued straight.

67 GT350

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 22, 2021, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 20, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Farley has said he wants Ford to be an ALL ELECTRIC company. The next gen Mustang will be built on the Explorer chassis - which has only been used with a V6. It won't be all gas but a hybrid.
PS - Biden didn't "drive" the lightning. It was driven by a guy sitting behind the wheel on the right side. Videos of the scam are now hard to find and most have been deleted from searches. The most telling one was a shot that caught the steering wheel and LF wheel in the same frame as Biden was driving off. He turned the wheel right and the front wheel continued straight.

Should have know that idiot doesn't know what driving is.
RARE  Signature Delete

TOBKOB

But he is a "car guy"...I heard him say so... :o  :-\  :'(   :(

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

427heaven

The NEW lineup is just a terrible polished turd... They probably wont have people waiting in lines to throw 50k- 70k for a new truck or MACH-ETTE. We have turned the corner to the new way cars will be built and electric is the chosen way. Watching that video of a nervous upper echelon of FORD motor company spoke volumes. These are troubling times for the automotive world, they wont be getting any of my nickels and dimes for any of that stuff. :(

mark p

Could someone please explain to me where all of the electricity is going to come from?
Many of the far0left also seem to be dead-set again nuclear power - altho no-one can seem to build a new plant in the US anyway?
NJ, CA, and others(?) all REQUIRE carbon-free by 20xx... which also means no natural gas for homes (heat-stove-hot water & dryer at my house), or building heat.
Also trucks (how many of them on the road). Not sure about ships (yeah, how much burned per container ship from China)?
I just don't get it... ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: mark p on May 23, 2021, 11:44:57 AM
Could someone please explain to me where all of the electricity is going to come from?
People don't think or know. All they see is a smelly grimy gas station as compared to a nice clean power plug in their house. LA City has it's own water and power companies. The Mayor has directed that all 4 in basin gas fired plants they own to be closed - but kept available for emergencies. You know like an hot day when the citizens will get mad if their house gets hotter than 68 degrees. They import most their power from outside of LA County. They own part of a coal plant in Utah. They are building new big gas plant in Utah. They buy nuke power from Arizona (they bought their way out of AZ coal power). They built a wind farm in Kern county. They buy hydroelectric power from the Columbia River. They buy surplus solar from peoples houses and have added a lot of their own solar panels.
The people are happy due to the not in my backyard (NIMBY) effect. They don't see the pollution or inefficiency so they don't care and just sign on to the BS.
As for me I see a Nissan Armada in my future. Better equipped, more comfortable, and cheaper than an Excursion - plus it has an efficient 400 hp V8 not some overworked baby V6 turbo to tow with. It's also a better deal than my second choice the Chevy Tahoe.

mark p

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 23, 2021, 04:09:27 PM
Quote from: mark p on May 23, 2021, 11:44:57 AM
People don't think or know...

yep, I keep wondering if anyone in politics - or advising politicians - can do any math?
Keeping those houses in LA at 68 in the summer (it was 117 outside while I was visiting Riverside last September) is gonna take a LOT of MegaWatts. How much solar can we get?
They also NEVER mention the cost... the "offshore wind" proposed for off the coast near MD/DC has "projected" cost at 2.5 times current generation methods.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: mark p on May 23, 2021, 06:05:10 PM. the "offshore wind" proposed for off the coast near MD/DC has "projected" cost at 2.5 times current generation methods.

Which they will subsidize with your tax dollars. Either during the build with tax free bonds for their donors or tax credits for the companies selling the power. Bottom line you'll pay more and get less - far less.

mark p

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 23, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
Quote from: mark p on May 23, 2021, 06:05:10 PM. the "offshore wind" proposed for off the coast near MD/DC has "projected" cost at 2.5 times current generation methods.

Which they will subsidize with your tax dollars. Either during the build with tax free bonds for their donors or tax credits for the companies selling the power. Bottom line you'll pay more and get less - far less.

^^^ THAT is exactly when I get riled up.
A) Big Green can't seem to do math.
B) At my house, the "rate payer" and the "tax payer" are the SAME GUY (they keep saying that the "rates" will only go up a very small %)