Author Topic: 67 gt350 engine mounts  (Read 1225 times)

cbrown

• View Profile
67 gt350 engine mounts
« on: May 18, 2021, 08:04:28 PM »
Hello, I have a 67 gt350 auto paxton equiped  in my shop and  there are cut outs in the hood to clear  the paxton.  Can anyone provide me with the correct part numbers or interchangeable part numbers for the engine rubber mounts and  the frame side mounts?  Are the frame side mounts any different form standard small block 67 ?

chris

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 gt350 engine mounts
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 10:14:04 PM »
Hello, I have a 67 gt350 auto paxton equiped  in my shop and  there are cut outs in the hood to clear  the paxton.  Can anyone provide me with the correct part numbers or interchangeable part numbers for the engine rubber mounts and  the frame side mounts?  Are the frame side mounts any different form standard small block 67 ?

chris
In 67 the chassis mounts for the small block are the same as the typical 67-70 bigblock . Just that one year. That would need to be confirmed first if changed . Consequently because of the bigblock like chassis mounts the C7 Marked rubber motor mounts are one year only also . The miss matching of theses parts will certainly cause the SB engine to sit differently .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 08:46:45 AM »
Hmm,, That might be the culprit .  Im going to check that this morning.  I  am hoping someone has switched the metal chassis side mounts which would explain problem.

thank you chris

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:51:30 AM »
Hmm,, That might be the culprit .  Im going to check that this morning.  I  am hoping someone has switched the metal chassis side mounts which would explain problem.

thank you chris
Keep in mind that besides chassis mounts the one year only motor mounts are slightly different then 66 and 68 up which will cause a different engine level depending on combination. You need both correct aspects to get the engine to sit as low as possible.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby