News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 control arms

Started by rp04, May 20, 2021, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp04

Anybody got a set already restored for sale for a 66 built late 65?  thanks, Randy

outlawincorporated

RANDY

i have a pair of concours restored lower controls available with NOS C7 boots that the late Jim Cowles did for me.  send me an email;  outlaw@hn.ozemail.com.au

alternatively im sure Marcus from Anghel Restorations will have a set either ready to go now or soon to be completed as we spoke about this recently.

http://anghelrestorations.com/parts.html

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

anghelrestorations

Yes....I have a set done that I could sell without the tie rods the way it is listed on my website.  Would be $2500. 
Contact me if you need photos. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rp04 on May 20, 2021, 03:52:28 PM
Anybody got a set already restored for sale for a 66 built late 65?  thanks, Randy
Since you didn't make a designation I thought you should know that a late 65 made set of lowers would have the square shaped tabs (erroneously sometimes refereed to as jack tabs) . Later 66 will have the rounded type tabs with the small tits sticking out sideways. Repro tabs used to sometimes to fix a pair that are damaged or missing (newer NOS ) are the rounded type but without the sideways tits sticking out. C4 marked boots would be assemblyline on ether style. With all that said the best of luck with your search.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

outlawincorporated

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2021, 08:03:19 PM
C4 marked boots would be assemblyline on ether style. With all that said the best of luck with your search.

you sure on the C4 boots for lower control arms Bob, believe C40A boots where only for upper control arms.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: outlawincorporated on May 20, 2021, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2021, 08:03:19 PM
C4 marked boots would be assemblyline on ether style. With all that said the best of luck with your search.

you sure on the C4 boots for lower control arms Bob, believe C40A boots where only for upper control arms.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
I just cleaned them up and reinstalled (Monday) some originals off of a survivor GT350 .What do you think was supposed to be on the lowers?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

outlawincorporated

BOB.

i was under the impression, very early examples of lower arm boots had the word LOWER and a C2 engineering number and the next version was the C50A example. NOS lower arms on the other hand have the C7 boot

if there is another version are you able to share some images??

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: outlawincorporated on May 20, 2021, 10:24:17 PM
BOB.

i was under the impression, very early examples of lower arm boots had the word LOWER and a C2 engineering number and the next version was the C50A example. NOS lower arms on the other hand have the C7 boot

if there is another version are you able to share some images??

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
You have me second guessing myself as I reinstalled them once confirming original  and not torn boots. I am on the road to the Mecum Auction and will not be able to double check if C5 or C4 until Monday.

anghelrestorations

There is no C4 boots on the lower control arms.  You can refer to this for details and photos.   

http://anghelrestorations.com/uploads/3/5/1/2/35122002/65_to_73_suspension_guide_v2.4aopt.pdf

Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

mygt350

Marcus
Wonderful reference document you have created.
Question for you
Reference Page 24 and 25.
Is the sector "gear/shaft" in the HCC-AW and HCC-AX (16:1) ratio boxes same as found in HCC-AT (19:1) ratio boxe?
Is the block containing the recirculating balls that rides on the long shaft worm gear same block as found in 16:1 and 19:1 ratio boxes?
Appears only difference between a HCC-AW/HCC-AX (16:1) ratio box and a HCC-AT (19:1) ratio box is the long worm gear that seems to have either 8 or 10 grooves with 8 groves being the quicker ratio?

Thank you!
Martin
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967