News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Rear parking brake cable to floor brackets

Started by jk66gt350, May 24, 2021, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk66gt350

I see many 66's with only the cable to floor brackets that are reproduced like the following: https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/66-REAR-PARKING-BRAKE-CABLE-TO-FLOOR-BRACKETS-WITH-SCREWS-PAIR-P422.aspx   Some 66 cars (like mine) also have a second half clamp with only one screw located about 15-18" further forward on both cables.  Anyone know whether this was a running production change that only later cars got or ?  I have not found anyone reproducing the half bracket although it looks very similar to common cable fasteners that can be found at Home Depot and other hardware and electrical stores. 

rockhouse66

Not a Shelby, but my 9/65 scheduled build San Jose car has the half clip you mention.

jk66gt350

Thanks for the reply.  I assumed this would be a Mustang thing - not just Shelby.  My car is a March 66 build.  Maybe random by worker vs a running change in how the cables were fastened?  I have noticed the use of the second half brackets on some of the 66's for sale with chassis pictures.  I have not kept track, but from the pictures I have seen, it appears to me that fewer cars have the 2nd brackets vs just the one on either side.  A minority of cars with these 2nd half brackets might also explain why they are not reproduced. 

greekz

If you have not already checked, the brackets that secure the fuel line are similar.  Not sure if they are the same size, but they might be close.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

jk66gt350

Thanks Greek - I checked and the fuel line clamps are similar in shape, but they are smaller.