News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

'67 "Vehicle Invoice" versus "Continuation Invoice" ???

Started by Richstang, April 26, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris Speedster

Do not remember where I read this, but was possibly from some early research on #45.
Read that Dub Richardson in Okla ended up being the largest volume dealer in the country ?

Maybe dealer size and "more", played into the movement of Shelby allocations to dealers ?
BTW; I was lucky in the fact that I did get the original 1966 Okla title with #45.

Showing car on invoices, wonder what that all encompasses, Shelby or dlr add on's for showing, Hertz cars in 67, what  ?

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Richstang

Quote from: Harris Speedster on April 29, 2018, 10:45:47 AM
Do not remember where I read this, but was possibly from some early research on #45.
Read that Dub Richardson in Okla ended up being the largest volume dealer in the country ?

Maybe dealer size and "more", played into the movement of Shelby allocations to dealers ?
BTW; I was lucky in the fact that I did get the original 1966 Okla title with #45.

Showing car on invoices, wonder what that all encompasses, Shelby or dlr add on's for showing, Hertz cars in 67, what  ?

That's interesting, but in the world of '67 Shelby sales they were not even close to a high volume dealer at about 18 units.
Gotham Ford in NY had about 107 units, followed by Dockery Ford in NJ with about 93 units, and then JD Ball with about 76 units sold.

Neat to hear you have the original title for #0045.

I have not seen any invoices related to a Hertz rental.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

Quote from: Richstang on April 28, 2018, 12:25:45 PM
Quote from: GT350DAVE on April 28, 2018, 12:13:10 PM
Quote from: Richstang on April 27, 2018, 11:16:28 AM
Here's a direct side by side comparison of the two types of invoices.

Besides the invoice numbers starting with a "F" letter on the "Continuation" invoice it also used the "F" to start the customer order number.

The "Continuation" invoices have a "Special Handling Charge" at a flat rate of $100.
The "Vehicle" invoices usually have both a "4.0 Gal. Gas" charges and a "Freight/Transportation Charges". Freight charges vary.

Freight charges to Holliday Ford, CA and Hayward Ford, CA are $146.75.
Compare that to Koons Ford, VA at $98.75 or Gotham Ford, NY at $107.75 and something seems off.
Maybe the variable in costs are due to the distances from the rail yard?

Rich,

I would be glad to look into this if you provide a list of Continuation Invoices you have.
I don't have either of these invoices. The first thing I see is these invoices have obvious mistakes. Both these cars are "White".
Note that Car #23 is listed as "Red" and car #22 is listed as "Dark Moss Green".
I also don't have either of these cars going to these destinations.
Where did you get these forms? They appear to be very inaccurate. Perhaps mistakes?

Dave Mathews

Hi Dave,
So Far, I have found four of these Continuation Invoices. #023 is a #023XX car number and #022 is a #02200 car number.
I didn't think I should share the exact number on the open public forum for these invoices so I blocked out the last two digits of the VINs.
Email sent.

Dave has confirmed these "Continuation Invoices" are directly related to the Non-Franchised Shelby Dealers.

Harris Speedster

Rich,
Did not say just shelbys, perhaps should have made myself more clear.
Seems wiki or an article in newspapers is where I read it about becoming the largest volume dealer?
If I run into the source again, will post it.

With respect,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Richstang

Quote from: Harris Speedster on April 29, 2018, 02:20:27 PM
Rich,
Did not say just shelbys, perhaps should have made myself more clear.
Seems wiki or an article in newspapers is where I read it about becoming the largest volume dealer?
If I run into the source again, will post it.

With respect,
John

John, I did understand your meaning of the high volume of Ford's at the Dub Richardson dealer (maybe a lot of truck sales in OK).
I just thought I could expand on that with the smaller number of '67 Shelby's sold there compared to other dealers.