Author Topic: 67 GT500 barn "parked' driver  (Read 9925 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 GT500 barn "parked' driver
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »
I already mentioned that Bob at reply #19. Besides, I'm sure these guys are smart enough to know that.
Richie, first off it looks like a very nice car but your #19 post wasn't specific enough IMO which is the reason for my post. What with the thread heading and all of the originality talk I thought someone else reading my get the wrong idea in the engine compartment. Again it is a nice car. It looks well preserved car in many areas just not the engine compartment. My post was obviously or so I thought not meant to warn the guys that knew better but the others less knowledgeable who may not know better . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
I already mentioned that Bob at reply #19. Besides, I'm sure these guys are smart enough to know that.
Richie, first off it looks like a very nice car but your #19 post wasn't specific enough IMO which is the reason for my post. What with the thread heading and all of the originality talk I thought someone else reading my get the wrong idea in the engine compartment. Again it is a nice car. It looks well preserved car in many areas just not the engine compartment. My post was obviously or so I thought not meant to warn the guys that knew better but the others less knowledgeable who may not know better . 
Yea, you’re right, that is your opinion!!! But,  What difference does it make??  Everyone here knows what this car represents. You gotta get that last word!!!

As I’ve said in the past, and mostly after your comments to mine, I will not post again to this thread!!

Good day all
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:38:08 PM by 69mach351w »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:54 AM »
Yea, you’re right, that is your opinion!!! But,  What difference does it make??  Everyone here knows what this car represents. You gotta get that last word!!!

As I’ve said in the past, and mostly after your comments to mine, I will not post again to this thread!!

Good day all
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
OK, BOB....I went back and copied/paste my #19 post.

Here it is:  But remember he drives it and under the hood isn't correct. Naturally he has replacement parts store "stuff" on the engine.

Bob, If that reply wasn't SPECIFIC enough to let other know it isn't correct, then I think you need to get glasses!!!

Now, go write something negative about this post ::)

NOW, I'm done. 

Have a great day all ;)

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 01:01:32 PM »
Grumpy,

In 1967 Robie received 24 cars from Shelby American directly and one car from S&C Motors, San Francisco.

Of the 24 10 were GT350 and 4 were GT500.

The S&C car was black GT350.

Dennis 

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »

Did SAI remove the Fenders when building these Cars?  It looks like the Tag was installed and then the Fender was installed with Sealer which oozed out as the fender was bolted down.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »

Did SAI remove the Fenders when building these Cars?  It looks like the Tag was installed and then the Fender was installed with Sealer which oozed out as the fender was bolted down.

Maybe a clue here?

You will also notice the cowl has been "sliced" open at some point. The registry states a nose replacement, but looking at the inner fender panels and rails, I believe this may be incorrect. Interior and undercarriage are all original and undisturbed, same with the trunk.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »

Maybe a clue here?

You will also notice the cowl has been "sliced" open at some point. The registry states a nose replacement, but looking at the inner fender panels and rails, I believe this may be incorrect. Interior and undercarriage are all original and undisturbed, same with the trunk.
False clue in that you can easily stick the vin plate under the sealer back then when it was pliable if need be in the same way you can do it today during a restoration. Besides we have pictures of how the cars were delivered to SA with fenders. There was no reason to go to extra work to remove a fender for a typical 67 Shelby conversion. .

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »
Grumpy,

In 1967 Robie received 24 cars from Shelby American directly and one car from S&C Motors, San Francisco.

Of the 24 10 were GT350 and 4 were GT500.

The S&C car was black GT350.

Dennis

Any note of the 427 Cobra street car ??  Robie Ford din't last long.

Dan

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
I use to own a Robie Ford Shelby...

# 1694......

It was sitting in a guy's backyard and it was a factory paxton 67 GT 350.....

Imagine that.....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:35:23 PM by capecodmustang.com »

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
And the more I think of it I use to own a 67 GT 500
Another Robie Ford Shelby..

A woman called me one day and said her boyfriend needed to sell his Shelby ASAP..
I asked if I could talk to him..
She said I couldn't....
He was in prison

It was # 2505....

Bret

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
OK, BOB....I went back and copied/paste my #19 post.

Here it is:  But remember he drives it and under the hood isn't correct. Naturally he has replacement parts store "stuff" on the engine.

Bob, If that reply wasn't SPECIFIC enough to let other know it isn't correct, then I think you need to get glasses!!!

Now, go write something negative about this post ::)

NOW, I'm done. 

Have a great day all ;)

Hi 69mach351w

first let me thank you for sharing these great pictures. I truly appreciate them. Secondly don't stop posting as this is a open forum open to all. Keep them coming.
Everyone have a nice day.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
Thanks FL SAAC TONY,

I intend on doing just that !! 

Have a Great Day all 8)

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »
Grumpy,

Sorry I don not have information on the red 427.

I haven't started to compile information on the Cobras yet. Way too much on the 1965-1967 GT350-GT500.

I have collected bits and pieces on the 1968-1970 and some minor stuff on the Cobras. Maybe more time later.

Perhaps someone else can help you out.

Dennis

67350#1242

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »
Car appears to have the vinyl sheathing over the center headlight wiring which surprises me for such an early serial number.   No sheath on the amp gauge harness.
Kurt
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB