Author Topic: Water pump questions  (Read 3443 times)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Water pump questions
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 11:50:13 AM »
Ford was supposed to change over to blue in August of 1966. The carryover 66 cars (very late 65 production cars so SA could get a jump on 66 production) typically had black painted blocks. I have only read and heard of anecdotal evidence reports of some blue painted engines on the carry over 66's. 

Bob, August of '66 or '65 (typo)?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 01:33:31 PM »
Ford was supposed to change over to blue in August of 1966. The carryover 66 cars (very late 65 production cars so SA could get a jump on 66 production) typically had black painted blocks. I have only read and heard of anecdotal evidence reports of some blue painted engines on the carry over 66's. 

Bob, August of '66 or '65 (typo)?
Fixed the typo . Thank you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 01:57:27 PM »

Thank you.... I thought 1966 was black and 1967 was Ford blue......?

Correction - I had forgotten to consider the small number of carry over cars that would have had the cast iron pumps like the later cars. Also reverting back to the base Mustang in the thought process for a moment
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6T6SHELBY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2021, 02:09:00 PM »
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and messages.  I’ve got a water pump on the way!!!