News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

I rebuilt my control valve. Pics.

Started by Ldouble619, May 17, 2021, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ldouble619

I cleaned, derusted and rebuilt my control valve. Did I do anything that might give judges heartburn? I know the sleeve clamp sheet metal screws are not exactly the same as what came off

Special Ed

Aftermarket metal retainer around stud rubber boot and hard to change once installed  chris brown had them made and correct screws

Bob Gaines

See you already made judge grouchy . Oh yeah he was already that way. Never mind. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Does the end cap have a date code consistent with the cars build dates?  The image shows an example date code 6L25B.  I believe this would be good for a 1967 Mustang or Cougar built after November 25, 1966.

How about the ram cylinder?  It is also dated coded along with the power steering pump tag.

Cory

Special Ed

Correct all date coded along with the hoses.

Special Ed

Even the power steering cooler hoses are date coded with white ink lettering  example 3/8''    EB   3283AF   G  06218  B3 .  06218 date   june 21 1968.

Ldouble619

Thank you, Ed, Bob, and Cory.

I've made some updates. NOS metal boot cover and rubber boot and used the original screws.  Cap date is hard to make out. But part of it looks like 8c. Car was completed early Jan 69.

67350#1242

Was there a plug in place of grease zerk from factory?
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

Special Ed

Same plug that goes in upper lower control arms to cap off after grease is installed so grease it remove zert and screw in hex plug.

Ldouble619

Thank you!  Does anyone have a picture of said cap?  And even better a place to buy?

Thanks

Special Ed

Correct i buy them in quanities as used other places