News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

#1601 GT350 on ebay, not my car.

Started by Shelby4Life, June 02, 2021, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby4Life

Looks like 1967 GT350 #1601 is listed on ebay, located in GA.

Color change, 4 speed, non-original engine. Not my car, I know nothing about it, just sharing it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284315788602
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

TOBKOB

It says "The Nations Trusted Consignment Dealer" in the ad... :o

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

JD

was for sale on e-pay in late July of 2017, looking much that same.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbymann1970

The problem I have is I can never find anything about about dealer cars or auction cars as any details that might be helpful are lost in the many paragraphs of the history of the marque and such  ::) ::). Certain dealers I see that have cars for sale I pass by as I know they are overpriced-not all dealers just certain ones.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 03, 2021, 09:33:53 AM
The problem I have is I can never find anything about about dealer cars or auction cars as any details that might be helpful are lost in the many paragraphs of the history of the marque and such  ::) ::).

Because there are a lot of causal buyers out there looking to drop 6 figures on some kind of cool vintage muscle car and they have never heard one iota about Shelby and the cars from the 60's.

After reading thru all that history, they will know this is the car for them.

pmustang

Had a guy come to my shop a few weeks ago. A lovely gent obviously of some means. I showed him the car and he honed in on on. It was not finished yet so couldn't be driven

He was very interested but "didn't want to wait"

He left and the next day contacted to say he bought a Shelby at over twice the price of my car

I said "did you see what the registry said about it?"

He said "the what?"

Some folks want shiny and they want it now

chris NOS

and then figure out they bought  a Mustang not a Shelby and cry ....

pmustang

Addendum. Car turned out to have one VIN instead of three including hidden ones and that VIN was not for the Shelby in question or any other for that matter

deathsled

Quote from: pmustang on June 27, 2021, 03:35:02 PM
Addendum. Car turned out to have one VIN instead of three including hidden ones and that VIN was not for the Shelby in question or any other for that matter
And that is how you buy litigation. Even after a judgment (if you ever get to that stage) then collectibility becomes a whole other battle.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"