News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fender Bumper Hole Location

Started by s2ms, June 23, 2021, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

I'm planning to remove the R-model apron that has been on my 66 since ~1975 and go back to the stock bumper setup. On the last repaint in 1988 I had the bumper holes filled in for a cleaner look, so now need to re-drill, clearly wasn't thinking ahead back then.

If anyone has a fender laying around can you please send me the hole location measurements so I can make a template for drilling?

Thanks!
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

OldGuy

Dave, I've attempted (twice) to send a photo of the dimensions that you need for your hole re creation. It failed both times. I guess I don't understand all that I know about attaching photos.

In any event, the dimensions are simple so I think that I can adequately describe the hole location for you.

Hole diameter:  Ø.500 inch.

Distance toward rear from leading edge (interface with valance panel) of the fender to hole center: 2.00 inches.

Distance down from slightly curved sharp edge to hole center: 2.00 inches.

I hope this info helps. (I can hopefully send a photo via PM if you need more clarification)

Frank

s2ms

Thanks Frank! That really helps, feel free to send photos to my email....dmgt350 at aol dot com.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757