Author Topic: Scammed by a sac member  (Read 21552 times)

Gregory177

• View Profile
Scammed by a sac member
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:37:18 PM »
Hey Bob, I have a question a about how to post in the yellow flashing scamm alert. I have been scammed by a new sac member. Goes by Nicolasmoore.  I posted in the wanted section for a 69 shifter detent spring and rear Taillight harness, he responded to both requests of which I had already bought the Taillight harness from you so I PayPal to a address he referred me to and now will not respond and no tracking number has been about 10 days with no response.  Just trying to make sure no one else gets scammed.  Thanks for your input

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: Scammed by a sac member
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:53:54 PM »
June 7th I was contacted by the Nicolasmoore screen name in a private message about an ad I have wanting a Cobra Accelerometer to contact his friend at this email. - phelpsmike01@gmail.com

The friend talked back and forth through email but could never provide pictures.  He said he wasn't able to provide pictures.  If you have something for sale and cannot provide pictures in today's technological world....hmmm....  it raised a red flag to me.  I asked him to call so we could talk about the accelerometer.  I was trying to get a comfort feeling about the deal.  The phone rang but unfortunately I was too busy with my job to answer the phone.  I googled the phone number and it came up in another scam on an air rifle forum.  The number was 985-241-0277.   I stopped responding and didn't try to continue talking.

I am sorry this happened to you.  Thank you for bringing this post up.  I have been wanting to do this for a few days now, but wasn't 100% sure it was a scam even though it has always smelled like once since he couldn't provide photos.  I have been watching the activity of the account and noticed Nicolasmoore hasn't been on since June 8th.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 09:01:00 PM »
Looking at the forum members list shows Nicolasmoore just signed up on the forum on June 6th 2021.
He is not listed as a SAAC club member.
Anytime someone offers to sell you parts that is not a longtime forum member should raise a red flag.
Sorry this happened to you, but he is not likely someone any of us knows.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

mygt350

• Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »
I posted a wanted add for a 65 GT350 pitman arm, Small letter intake and a coil to dizzy wire. Got a message from Nicolasmoore saying his friend, martinsphilipe3@gmail.com had exactly what I wanted. After contacting martinsphilipe3@gmail.com about the items, he immediately said they had been sold but had the correct pitman arm. After several texts requesting pictures, prices, etc. and getting vague answers, I asked him to tell me what markings were on the pitman arm. Anyone who knows a real one from a cheap copy, he said he didn't see any such markings. Finally, got pics of really clean (as in recently cast) cheap fakes with no markings. Told him thanks but I would have to pass. Seems it was indeed right thing to do. If seller is evasive and cannot, or will not answer simple questions, be overly cautions and only deal with long standing SAAC members or those they personally vouch for.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 09:47:53 PM »
I received a pm as well responding about a 427 cam shaft I was looking for.  I ask for pictures and was sent pictures of a 5.4l camshaft. When I googled what cam I wanted, the exact picture I was sent came up immediately, meaning they just used it.  I was pretty sure from the beginning it was phony and was trying to see where the scam was going to go.  Whenever I asked a question about the cam, the response was “How much will you pay?”  🙄
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:55:16 PM by 430dragpack »

Gregory177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
Wow looks like this has happened to many of our members. Post has only been up for hour and a half and people have already posted on possible scam. Certainly hope at a minimum Nicolasmoore is removed from forum.

Lfino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 11:33:57 PM »
Me too
I was looking for a big block radiator and was directed  to that martinsphillipe address.
Sent me a photo of a small block radiator.
Swore it was a big block for $350.
I didn't respond 

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 01:10:40 AM »
He is scamming people all over the Internet. Just Google the phone number and you can find a bunch of them.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

martyjac

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 08:27:56 AM »
He contacted me too for a couple of wanted ads I posted. Probably went right down the line of wanted ads on his fishing expedition. Thankfully it smelled too fishy to me. Also his poor grammar put up a red flag too.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 09:12:06 AM »
He sent me a PM. He said he had a side scoop for my friend's 68 Shelby that I had a wanted topic on. I told my friend about it and warned him it was probably a scam and he thought so too. I deal with those who post here regularly and I can verify through other members. Gary
His Message: You can contact Martins,he has 1968 passengers side lower scoop for sale in good condition Here’s his email martinsphilipe3@gmail.com
sounded too fishy as in "Martins" that was a big clue besides no posts.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:13:55 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 09:32:50 AM »

It would seem logical to ban and/or block this individual from the forum.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 02:42:15 PM »
Here is something for future thought on scammers. The guy said he had the side scoop so my friend asked if he had the hood scoop for the hood . He said yes. That was the end of that. Most scammers do not have a clue about the cars.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
I would retiltle this post from:

Scammed by a sac (SAAC) member to scammed by a grifter, con artist, sh*t bag, scumbag,  douche·bag, well you get it.  NOT A SAAC MEMBER

Looking at the forum members list shows Nicolasmoore just signed up on the forum on June 6th 2021.

Hey Bob, I have a question a about how to post in the yellow flashing scamm alert. I have been scammed by a new sac member. Goes by Nicolasmoore.  I posted in the wanted section for a 69 shifter detent spring and rear Taillight harness, he responded to both requests of which I had already bought the Taillight harness from you so I PayPal to a address he referred me to and now will not respond and no tracking number has been about 10 days with no response.  Just trying to make sure no one else gets scammed.  Thanks for your input
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 06:06:04 PM »
I would retiltle this post from:

Scammed by a sac (SAAC) member to scammed by a grifter, con artist, sh*t bag, scumbag,  douche·bag, well you get it.  NOT A SAAC MEMBER

Maybe SAC is sorry a$$ conman?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 06:27:14 PM »
Has he been kicked off yet ?.... >:(