News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Lewd Sticker

Started by BGlover67, April 16, 2018, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Can anyone tell me the history behind this sticker?  If you're easily offended, I'd suggest passing on this one.

http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/196-160418211930.jpeg
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427heaven

Well that lewd phrase came from the 80s haven't heard it since, It was a regular phrase used on the left coast by the Valley Dudes, probably didn't sell too many.

GTBULLITT

reverse side of Howard Pardee's business card 

427heaven

That makes sense, real men that put their neck on the line in NAM or any other conflict back then used terms like that.Or was that Kopec? Similar to the F-U card. it is funny with your buddies, just not in mixed company.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on April 16, 2018, 10:52:17 PM
Well that lewd phrase came from the 80s haven't heard it since, It was a regular phrase used on the left coast by the Valley Dudes, probably didn't sell too many.
That is a Cobra Automotive made sticker I believe from the 90's until recently. It is like a rebel flag sticker or the "N" word in that they are not acceptable in modern society .   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shlby66

There was, at least 2 versions, (graphics, a little different) of that sticker.

I believe, Kress T-Shirt Co., was a source, of one of them.

Doug

Alan

I remember back in the 80's Biddle wore a t-shirt with "small blocks are for punks."
Max
'67    0029

Coralsnake

The club has always enjoyed a rivalry between the show cars and the race cars. I think everyone realizes they would not survive independently.

As Bob mentioned, that single word is insanely toxic.

Want to turn off 51% of the population? Drop that C-word in their presence.

It is not just now. I was told 38 years ago that nothing offends a woman as much that word.

Use at your own risk.......or peril.

The point could have been made with a big more class and still been funny.

Wedgeman

I have one of those stickers, had it duplicated to read..CONCOURS IS FOR PUNKS..... ;D.....classy enuff?....LOL!!

Yes,

But I wasn't sharing my comment cause I was offended. But I live in a world with the people would be offended. And when they aren't happy, my life doesn't go as smoothly. I am guessing you all know what I mean.

Wedgeman

I agree Michael...I altered mine because I found the C word offensive, but still wanted the sticker to be funny....:)

427heaven

I guess my senses are a little dulled being around the construction trades for so long, the iron workers and the pipe fitters usually use words and phrases that make that word child's play. it aint right, its just a different part of society that has a lot of rough edges and must exist as we know it. I guess that's where the phrase, if it was easy they would have woman and children doing it! you don't here that too much either just amongst the old timers. ;)

Quote from: Wedgeman on April 17, 2018, 01:16:46 PM
I agree Michael...I altered mine because I found the C word offensive, but still wanted the sticker to be funny....:)

My favorite was the FPP Tee-shirt I had in the 80's

This is your brain; (FORD Blue oval)

This is your brain on Drugs; (Chevy Bowtie)

;D

shelbydoug

It was one of Kopec's pranks. Putting it on a Parde business card, passing them out  was blaming it on Howard and making stickers and sneaking around and planting them on unsuspecting cars was all part of it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!