Author Topic: Looking for a Boy name starting with A any ideas?  (Read 4335 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Boy name starting with A any ideas?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »
Now I feel like a total ass. I reread Kent's original post and saw he's from Germany. With a name like Kent I thought you were an Ami. I know such things are a touchy subject in Germany so it wasn't my intent to stir up trouble with you. As an aside I still think the name Adolf is cool but realize it may not be so popular. I still gave my son a Germanic name and my daughter (Carla) as well. They both live over there and she is coming to stay with me in Chicago in August. I sometimes stir up old embers from the past because they fascinate me in a dark sort of way. Anyway, I apologize if you think I was out of line.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2021, 09:30:42 PM »
I'm going to get serious here:  How about August (Augie for short...like car guy Augie Pabst)?  Andreas? Austin? Albert? Arlo?
5S071, 6S1467

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2021, 10:36:10 PM »
Do not name your kid Adolf!!  Unless you want him to grow up being taunted and have him come home ever other day with a black eye after a fight because his freakin name is Adolf!!!!  Who comes up with this shit!!

If you do decide to name your kid Adolf then you might choose a nice subtle middle name such as Osama.  That would make a nice "one, two" of historically evil names to really scar your kid for life.

How about something  cool like Atom, Axel, Angus or something even like Atomic.  Super strong names and no nasty historical connotation tied to them. 

Two of the coolest names I can think of are Will Power (Race car driver) and Peekoaboo Street (Olympian) . Even though Peekaboo named herself,  both names are super unique and both people are successful and they don't have a name associated with a damn killer.

Adolf...... what the hell man?  Just my humble opinion  ;D

QSS
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:43:46 PM by QuickSilverShelby »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2021, 10:44:40 PM »
Do not name your kid Adolf!!  Unless you want him to grow up being taunted and have him come home ever other day with a black eye after a fight because his freakin name is Adolf!!!!  Who comes up with this shit!!

If you do decide to name your kid Adolf then you might choose a nice subtle middle name such as Osama.  That would make a nice "one, two" of historically evil names to really scar your kid for life.

How about something  cool like Atom, Axel, Angus or something even like Atomic.  Super strong names and no nasty historical connotation tied to them. 

Two of the coolest names I can think of are Will Power (Race car driver) and Peekoaboo Street (Olympian) . Even though Peekaboo named herself,  both names are super unique and both people are successful and they don't have a name associated with a damn killer.

Just my humble opinion  ;D

QSS

90 percent in jest, 10 percent serious.  Keep in mind, my thought processes are not normal.   I am maybe half a bubble off plumb. Dolph Lundgren is a viable name incidentally.  And a well known actor.

And yet another perfectly good thread ruined by yours truly...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:01:45 PM by deathsled »

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
90 percent in jest, 10 percent serious.  Keep in mind, my thought processes are not normal.   I am maybe half a bubble off plumb. Dolph Lundgren is a viable name incidentally.  And a well known actor.

And yet another perfectly good thread ruined by yours truly...
Whew!  Ok, fair enough.  I'm good with your "90 percent in Jest".

Dolph is a good name except is doesn't start with an A so that's a no go.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
 Incidentally QSS, maybe he would have been delivering the black eyes with such a name and not the other way around. In the words of the Iceman (Richard Kuklinski hitman for the mob) in a very gripping prison interview "that was when I learned it was better to give than to receive.)
Interview below if you dare.
https://youtu.be/MLPNKQFbc6k
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:24:32 AM by deathsled »

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2021, 12:00:27 PM »
    ACCIDENT
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2021, 07:59:08 AM »
I really was laughing about some names, funny thread. The name of the austrian with the ugly beard is not really popular here but there is a really cool movie out there in germany about a family that want to name her kid Adolf,

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7477310/

Ok back to topic, August is pretty nice also because its an old name, also Arlo is nice but It always remember me to Arlo and Spot the disney movie.

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 09:01:48 AM »
Arlo is nice but It always remember me to Arlo and Spot the disney movie.

Or Gutherie... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 03:19:31 PM »
So what name or names did you pick?
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy