Author Topic: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?  (Read 14634 times)

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
I have recently seen a number of wanted posts for 66 gt350's, the common thread is that the people posting these wants (for the most part) are looking for a car below it's market value, in some cases less then 50% of market value.

The question is, would owners here on the saac forum sell their car for a reduce price because the buyer is on the saac forum as well?

“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 12:44:02 PM »
    The world is full of opportunists.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 12:45:22 PM »
    The world is full of opportunists.

The question is would you?
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 01:20:10 PM »
Well hello friends,

funny I did post an inquiry on purchasing a 1966 GT350 yesterday. Unlike others I did put out my expectations on what I wanted and unlike others I did put my budget on the vehicle.

I did receive a private message today inquiring if I would consider a rebody and of course the answer is a firm NO.

So if anyone should know of an available vehicle please advise.  Thanks to ALL IN advance:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 06:06:25 PM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »
Are you really expecting people to sell you a car that fits within your description for 80k?  That’s ridiculous.

pmustang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »
I put my car on the market without any clue as to the recent rise in prices. I am building a comically large garage and by selling my 2 personal cars it took any pressure off for the build cost. Both my cars sold much faster than expected. I put a price on my Shelby that was exactly what I had in it and several folks contacted. One decided the price was good for him and he bought it. Amazing sale. I am happy and now that he has received it, he has confirmed he is happy.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 01:48:45 PM »
Are you really expecting people to sell you a car that fits within your description for 80k?  That’s ridiculous.

Hi Mr. X,

I am not putting a price on anyone's car. I am not telling anyone to sell me their car.

All I did is put out my expectations on  a car and the amount of money that I have available for that car.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:55:03 PM by FL SAAC »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 01:53:29 PM »
Might as well as for a 65 Competition model with extensive vintage racing history retaining all born with sheet metal and drivetrain. Willing to pay 180.

Not Earl

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 01:56:31 PM »
Might as well as for a 65 Competition model with extensive vintage racing history retaining all born with sheet metal and drivetrain. Willing to pay 180.

Not Earl

Hello Mr. X
Nope, I want a 1966 not a 1965
Thanks again

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 02:13:37 PM »
Best of luck with your 80k 66. Not sure why you previously called me Earl but it must be nice modifying your posts to fit your needs. I saw you previously deleted all the comments in your original WTB 66 post. Using your admin powers well I see.

Mr X

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 02:24:45 PM »
Best of luck with your 80k 66. Not sure why you previously called me Earl but it must be nice modifying your posts to fit your needs. I saw you previously deleted all the comments in your original WTB 66 post. Using your admin powers well I see.

Mr X

Let's address your distress:

Best of luck with your 80k 66.  

thank you so much again

Not sure why you previously called me Earl but it must be nice modifying your posts to fit your needs.

Nope, I thought you where EARL

I saw you previously deleted all the comments in your original WTB 66 post. Using your admin powers well I see.

Nope, the ADMIN, controller, post remover in that sector is Mr Bill (please direct your inquiries to him)  I  am only responsible for the FL SAAC section and let me tell you it's free range there unless your a complete a$$hat. Then and only then your posts will be deleted

Mr X

So it is Mr X

Hey take care xoxoxo

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 02:30:59 PM »
I take offense to people that assume anyone who is asking to buy something is assuming that we want to get it under "Market Value" which cannot be further from the truth! (I am speaking for MYSELF)

One: asking for a car to be no stories, numbers matching, no  major wrecks, AND NO COVER UPS! Example a carryover that I knew the history of, but the person selling it would not answer my questions My question was who restored it? I knew who clipped it when it was new, but I would have liked to talked to the place that restored it later in its life. YOU SHELBY OWNERS WOULD WANT THE SAME.

Two: You, come up with a price, it is a number that would make you happy to receive for your car. WE have a choice to pay or not pay, we have a choice to offer less, and or we have a choice to say, OK thank you, it is more than I want to pay. SIMPLE.

Three: If I say, "wanted, 66 GT350, DRIVER CONDITION, MANUAL, WHITE, RED, or BLUE. I think that means: "wanted, 66 GT350, DRIVER CONDITION, MANUAL, WHITE, RED, or BLUE." Am I right to think that? That must mean that I do not want a concourse car, I do not want a project car. This means I want a "MIDDLE OF THE ROAD" condition car. As we can look at any for sale site or auction site, middle of the road or DRIVERS are all over in price. Depending on condition, 130K up to about 200K, therein comes, it is my choice if I want to pay 130, 145, 150, 160. 165, 175, 185, 200K. No car is out of the question at any price.....IT IS A MATTER OF CHOICE.

There is more, please lets not make this hard! I should consider the person I buy a car from my new friend, not someone I feel ripped me off, or my them. Honesty it the utmost importance. Things I do not want an automatic, I have a GT350 auto already, do not want another one....(unless the price is right....for me). Color, I listed three colors and I already have a green car, in fact I have two green cars, I do not want another one. Unless you have one of the few hertz's that are manual, I am not interested.

I am going to stop now, I find that the more I type, the madder I am getting. What a HOBBY!

Pictures of my GREEN cars. Now can you see why I do not want anymore green cars???? Or automatic cars???? AND nowhere did I say 80K! Went to post 2 pictures but could not!!! As Charlie Brown would say UUGG!
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »

Can you tell me where I said I want to pay 80K? I am not seeing that, nor expecting to pay that.
RARE  Signature Delete

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »

Can you tell me where I said I want to pay 80K? I am not seeing that, nor expecting to pay that.

Not directed towards you. Meant for someone else.