Author Topic: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?  (Read 14627 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2021, 09:34:32 AM »
No arguments here just an open discussion.

Hey did everyone hear that the president of Haiti got massacred ? Talk about turmoil

Not sure who determines what "market value " is ??  Its what a willing,  able buyer is ready to hand you in cash. Not what some auction house, dealer , or Ebay says. No two cars are exactly alike or have an exact history that might make it more or less valuable to a given buyer.  JMHO

It's what the seller says it is. If you don't like the price, go find another one.

Remember the "barn find" CSX32oo Cobra? It went for over a million at auction. Who is going to sell at less then auction price?

Sure, beat me, kick me, degrade me, just give me the money pal. It's not me that's weeping, it's you smart ass.

If it is what the seller says it is, no wonder ebay has sooooo many cars that do not sell. I have said this many times. If you want to do the auction gig, "List it for $1.00 starting bid with no reserve, what it sells for is market value." OR "List it with a 10 million reserve, open the bid at $1.00, it will not sell and you can see what the market value is on your car at that particular time."

ALL of YOUR arguments are just camouflage and distraction. You are using the wrong data.

Wherever that car is for sale, however it is for sale, if you want it YOU need to pay enough for the seller to let it go. PERIOD.

The Universe is full of possibilities. Yet we as mortals need to deal with probabilities.

Call probabilities the likeliness for success if you choose, that's just semantics.

The LIKELINESS of you being successful of buying the car with the characteristics that you listed for $80,000 when the seller is asking $150,000, is very low to the extent of it being non-existent.

EVEN the poor wretched soul, who set herself on fire in suicide over it,  who had the doctor's Daytonna Coupe, got $2.5 million for it and she had absolutely no idea what it was. Is this who Tony is looking to find and being generous at offering $80?

WHAT A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO POST THAT WANTED AD HERE OF ALL PLACES! But then time and time again his posts PROVE who he is. That's for all to see. I'm not getting into that again.

It is true that there is someone who will beat the odds and win the big Power Ball but I haven't seen any "Shelby's" available in that kind of a sale and for only a buck too.

Is it presumptuous of me to presume that is what you are willing to pay. Absolutely but the general suggestion in this "discussion" is that a number around $80,000 is it.

IF you actually find "your car" I WILL be VERY HEAVILY that you paid much closer to "market" (or going rate) then you did to $80k.

My GUESS, which is worth a pile of beans to Navy credits, is that it is around $125,000.

Now not to change the subject but the current Cobra buyer (originals not continuation cars) is that the higher the sale prices go, the better the investment is.

There is definitely at least a trickle down effect on other "genuine Shelby cars", but the that thinking is not lost on a '66 GT350.

In the spoken English vernacular, defense of one's position or actions is called an "argument".

Some were defending their actions and thus they are arguments.

Haiti? That's where your from? Explains a lot.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2021, 09:51:00 AM »
Good morning Papa Doc Shelbydoug,

We see you are in command of a English dictionary

Please read slowly and absorb:

Arguments and discussion both are the noun which involves people talking with one another and telling what they think, feel or know to be true. Argument generally means an angry disputes or disagreement whereas discussion has much more positive fell to it.

So remember argument = angry (YOU) discussion = positive (ME)

No I am not Haitian but have many Haitian friends here in the states and on the island. The tragic assassination of President Jovenal will be felt all over the USA with a major hiatus of its citizens. 

Papa Doc Shelbydoug I see you still have not been snt to sensitivity trained

Hey did everyone hear that the president of Haiti got massacred ? Talk about turmoil

Not sure who determines what "market value " is ??  Its what a willing,  able buyer is ready to hand you in cash. Not what some auction house, dealer , or Ebay says. No two cars are exactly alike or have an exact history that might make it more or less valuable to a given buyer.  JMHO

It's what the seller says it is. If you don't like the price, go find another one.

Remember the "barn find" CSX32oo Cobra? It went for over a million at auction. Who is going to sell at less then auction price?

Sure, beat me, kick me, degrade me, just give me the money pal. It's not me that's weeping, it's you smart ass.

If it is what the seller says it is, no wonder ebay has sooooo many cars that do not sell. I have said this many times. If you want to do the auction gig, "List it for $1.00 starting bid with no reserve, what it sells for is market value." OR "List it with a 10 million reserve, open the bid at $1.00, it will not sell and you can see what the market value is on your car at that particular time."

ALL of YOUR arguments are just camouflage and distraction. You are using the wrong data.

Wherever that car is for sale, however it is for sale, if you want it YOU need to pay enough for the seller to let it go. PERIOD.

The Universe is full of possibilities. Yet we as mortals need to deal with probabilities.

Call probabilities the likeliness for success if you choose, that's just semantics.

The LIKELINESS of you being successful of buying the car with the characteristics that you listed for $80,000 when the seller is asking $150,000, is very low to the extent of it being non-existent.

EVEN the poor wretched soul, who set herself on fire in suicide over it,  who had the doctor's Daytonna Coupe, got $2.5 million for it and she had absolutely no idea what it was. Is this who Tony is looking to find and being generous at offering $80?

WHAT A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO POST THAT WANTED AD HERE OF ALL PLACES! But then time and time again his posts PROVE who he is. That's for all to see. I'm not getting into that again.

It is true that there is someone who will beat the odds and win the big Power Ball but I haven't seen any "Shelby's" available in that kind of a sale and for only a buck too.

Is it presumptuous of me to presume that is what you are willing to pay. Absolutely but the general suggestion in this "discussion" is that a number around $80,000 is it.

IF you actually find "your car" I WILL be VERY HEAVILY that you paid much closer to "market" (or going rate) then you did to $80k.

My GUESS, which is worth a pile of beans to Navy credits, is that it is around $125,000.

Now not to change the subject but the current Cobra buyer (originals not continuation cars) is that the higher the sale prices go, the better the investment is.

There is definitely at least a trickle down effect on other "genuine Shelby cars", but the that thinking is not lost on a '66 GT350.

In the spoken English vernacular, defense of one's position or actions is called an "argument".

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2021, 10:25:21 AM »
I just got back from the 7th dimension and saw that Carroll Shelby is President of the United States and there is a Shelby Mustang in everyone's driveway plus if you don't burn petrol you are accused of contributing to global warming because in the seventh dimension the combustion engine actually stops global warming.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

jk66gt350

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »
Going back to the question in the original post, my answer is a simple NO.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2021, 10:46:49 AM »

Arguments and discussion both are the noun which involves people talking with one another and telling what they think, feel or know to be true. Argument generally means an angry disputes or disagreement whereas discussion has much more positive fell to it.

No I am not Haitian but have many Haitian friends here in the states and on the island. The tragic assassination of President Jovenal will be felt all over the USA with a major hiatus of its citizens. 

Look A hole. This is more a reflection on SAAC that they infact commissioned a piece of mouse dung like you to be any kind of a moderator or even permit a troll like you to continue to post.

That's a shame and shows how the mighty have fallen.

If you want to debate, go back to your hole in the wall and do cave drawings with your own feces since you and only you are going to appreciate anything your rodent mind can conceive of.

This is just another example of how this forum is completely without moderation and fails to respond to the slightest requests and concerns of it's positive members.

You hurry along now with your beach combing metal detector and see if you can find your Shelby buried in the sand so you can dance in celebration at your own brilliance. As for me, responding to you anymore simply isn't worth wasting another 5 minutes of the rest of my life on it.

What goes around, comes around. You'll get your just reward.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:57:39 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2021, 10:54:03 AM »
I just got back from the 7th dimension and saw that Carroll Shelby is President of the United States and there is a Shelby Mustang in everyone's driveway plus if you don't burn petrol you are accused of contributing to global warming because in the seventh dimension the combustion engine actually stops global warming.

Perhaps I should post my April 1st “Free” Shelby wanted ad from the old saacforum 1.0 :D

I recently posted a real wanted ad, found what I was looking for, and I can assure you, I am happily paying the seller for it, as I’m not getting any younger. he is happy, I’ll be happy once I have the car in my garage, why anything else matters in regards to this equation, I’ll never know.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »
OK To answer the original question.
YES AND NO
I might sell my car under market value if I want to buy another car and need the money.
I might not if it is just too low. (Its my opinion)
I might if I have had it for sale for a long period of time.
It is so sad how some can be so nasty to others on here...I think what this is all about is Some Shelby owners have bought their cars cheap, like back in the 70's like I did. Therefore we have had lots of fun with them, thus we might be more willing to sell a car faster without hassle for less. Other's bought when all the hype and value came out, they might and I say might be defending what they paid and therefore get upset with the loss of any, ANY, value.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2021, 11:01:38 AM »
Moderators don't suppress free speech only abusive or explicit language.

And you sir do not follow directions well:

Let's keep this positive and get back on topic, I already answered the question. Now it's your turn would you sell uour car for less than market value ?

Look A hole. This is more a reflection on SAAC that they infact commissioned a piece of mouse dung like you to be any kind of a moderator or even permit a troll like you to continue to post.

That's a shame and shows how the mighty have fallen.

If you want to debate, go back to your hole in the wall and do cave drawings with your own feces since you and only you are going to appreciate anything your rodent mind can conceive of.

This is just another example of how this forum is completely without moderation and fails to respond to the slightest requests and concerns of it's positive members.

You hurry along now with your beach coming metal detector and see if you can find your Shelby buried in the sand so you can dance in celebration at your own brilliance. As for me, responding to you anymore simply isn't worth wasting another 5 minutes of the rest of my life on it.

What goes around, comes around. You'll get your just reward

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »
Bill
Felicitations and congratulations on your acquisition!).
Much love !

Perhaps I should post my April 1st “Free” Shelby wanted ad from the old saacforum 1.0 :D

I recently posted a real wanted ad, found what I was looking for, and I can assure you, I am happily paying the seller for it, as I’m not getting any younger. he is happy, I’ll be happy once I have the car in my garage, why anything else matters in regards to this equation, I’ll never know.

Bill

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
You Sir are a wise man and a  great response !

OK To answer the original question.
YES AND NO
I might sell my car under market value if I want to buy another car and need the money.
I might not if it is just too low. (Its my opinion)
I might if I have had it for sale for a long period of time.
It is so sad how some can be so nasty to others on here...I think what this is all about is Some Shelby owners have bought their cars cheap, like back in the 70's like I did. Therefore we have had lots of fun with them, thus we might be more willing to sell a car faster without hassle for less. Other's bought when all the hype and value came out, they might and I say might be defending what they paid and therefore get upset with the loss of any, ANY, value.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »
Boom! Youtube just fed this one to me while listening to other Vinwiki stories. Right on point!
"How to make a lowball offer a seller will accept."
https://youtu.be/Rh7m90X6jojU
Listening to it now.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »
Well,I did recently pick up a nice 67 gt500 for $6k…..Of course that depends on your def. of “recently “.The year was 1982 and……………… ;D ;)

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2021, 11:40:35 AM »
Well,I did recently pick up a nice 67 gt500 for $6k…..Of course that depends on your def. of “recently “.The year was 1982 and……………… ;D ;)

That is great! I got my "recently" (same year you did) for 2500 offf the original owner, original paint! I do not have it today, but I traded it for another GT350.
RARE  Signature Delete

SFM6S

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2021, 12:26:46 PM »
I would like to get a fair price for my car when I sell it. Would I discount it to a SAAC member...depends on the time and circumstances. We all know the value of the cars...low$$ to mega$$. The value of a car is what both the seller and buyer agree to at one point in time; the beauty of an open market. Some are looking for complete numbers matching, others want something they can enjoy. At the end of the day a solid driver that drives well and presents well does it for me. If I had the means...a really nice carryover would be my ideal ride. As it is, I'm lucky to have a nice driver later production 66.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2021, 12:29:38 PM »
   GentleMEN ,
      PLEASE take you personal bashing to PM's and duke it out there away from the public eye.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.