Author Topic: Extra GREAT COOLING aftermarket radiator  (Read 2970 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Extra GREAT COOLING aftermarket radiator
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
Interested in way better cooling for 66 GT350, 67, and 70. Without getting too technical, confusing, and or crazy, Where would I be able to buy a nice, extra cooling, heavy duty bolt in radiator? I do not care about numbers, judges, concourse stuff. I do care that it will resemble something that is a factory look. I don't want it to look like a robot is living under the hood. I want it to "keep it's cool" on the hottest days/nights. I put this post under here, because I am basically asking for 65 through 70 years. Thanks
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Extra GREAT COOLING aftermarket radiator
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:02:08 PM »
You can go the after market aluminum radiator,  add electric fans, we don't like that look either

We had a 3 row modified at a local shop into a four row.

We have had no issues down South
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 08:49:26 AM »
Fran,

If you recall.... my '67 GT-350 radiator had been changed to a GT-500 radiator by the original owner in FL.........not many have noticed.

Bob
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »
Thats right!! Thank you!!! Great idea.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »
Keep in mind that the aftermarket companies do not make a 67 size big block radiator only wider ones for 68 -70 . The 68-70 radiator will fit in your car with the addition of the 68-70 lower radiator brackets and of course the 24 inch 68-70 fan shroud which is reproed. If a 67 bigblock radiator is wanted then a used one would have to be sourced and reconditioned if needed. Repro fan shrouds are available for that narrower BB radiator and 67 style lower brackets installed which are also reproed .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »
Also remember the a 67 BB radiator will have the lower inlet on the driver side instead of the passenger side for a SB. If going the larger wider radiator route I would go with the 68-70 a/c or extra cooling radiator. It is wide like the BB starting in 68 but is designed for a SB with the both inlets on the passenger side and readily available aftermarket with Ford looking tanks. The more efficient aluminum is over kill comparing apples to apples for a driver car given the higher cost IMO.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 08:41:45 AM »
Bob,

Your recommendation to go with the 68-70 a/c or extra cooling radiator is a route I'm considering for one of my cars.  What fan/clutch would you recommend for this setup?

Thanks