Author Topic: CSX2234 - Neil Peart Collection at Gooding  (Read 5881 times)

Dpdroyer

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
CSX2234 - Neil Peart Collection at Gooding
« on: July 29, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: CSX2234 - Neil Peart Collection at Gooding
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
Car is a “stand out” in more ways than color IMHO 8)

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:46:42 PM »
I gather he couldn't find a silver Cobra? He was quite into motorcycles as well.
65 GT350

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 07:34:27 PM »
They hit the nail on the head when they said, "Considered one of the greatest rock drummers of all time" !!!

Check out the video I posted in the past, you won't be disappointed:

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=15205.msg126595#msg126595

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 08:39:13 PM »
Many of the cars seem undervalued. Aside from the previous owner's fame which ought to add something I believe.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 10:45:59 PM »
That Cobra is a real stand out, agreed.  He had impeccable taste in cars.  Especially that Cobra.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 10:54:56 PM »
They hit the nail on the head when they said, "Considered one of the greatest rock drummers of all time" !!!
/quote]

I still remember where I was the first time I heard Spirit of Radio.  It was almost as life changing as when I saw my first Shelby. 

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:56:54 PM by 69 GT350 Vert »

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 01:34:11 AM »
If I am not mistaken, the Miura was yellow when he got it. Of course the color change should not hurt it's value, maybe it will even boost it.

I am guessing the family is keeping his Z8.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 08:14:26 PM »
One of the best rock drummers or THE best rock drummer of all time?

Jon

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »

Jon

Easy. THE best ever to walk this planet.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »
I could probably fit him in the top thirty rock drummers of all time. Nowhere near the top ten. He just wasn't lucky enough to be with a band that made lots of hit records or lots of money. As a lyricist he was a bit unique among drummers but having to write lyrics for songs that usually didn't chart had to be a bit challenging.

Compare his drumming skills to Michael Shrieve of Santana. Or Ringo Starr. How about Charlie Watt? Maybe Ian Paice? What about Bill Bruford? Butch Trucks? Jai Johanny "Jailoe" Johanson? What about Aynsley Dunbar? Cozy Powell? Nick Mason? (He probably has a better car collection too!) What about Bill Payne? I am leaving out tons of very talented rock drummers. How about Dave Grohl? Maybe Don Henley of the Eagles?

I could easily populate the top thirty drummers of all time without Neal Peart being mentioned because after all his band was never one that sold lots of albums or made lots of hits. Do I like his taste in cars? Yes a lot!

Do I like Rush as a band? Yes but I would not consider them top of anything except maybe Canadian rock bands with ultra high octave vocals.

Jon

Dpdroyer

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 01:34:17 PM »
For me, the places where my mind likes to be....

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »

Jon

Easy. THE best ever to walk this planet.
+1!!!

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
I could probably fit him in the top thirty rock drummers of all time. Nowhere near the top ten. He just wasn't lucky enough to be with a band that made lots of hit records or lots of money. As a lyricist he was a bit unique among drummers but having to write lyrics for songs that usually didn't chart had to be a bit challenging.

Compare his drumming skills to Michael Shrieve of Santana. Or Ringo Starr. How about Charlie Watt? Maybe Ian Paice? What about Bill Bruford? Butch Trucks? Jai Johanny "Jailoe" Johanson? What about Aynsley Dunbar? Cozy Powell? Nick Mason? (He probably has a better car collection too!) What about Bill Payne? I am leaving out tons of very talented rock drummers. How about Dave Grohl? Maybe Don Henley of the Eagles?

I could easily populate the top thirty drummers of all time without Neal Peart being mentioned because after all his band was never one that sold lots of albums or made lots of hits. Do I like his taste in cars? Yes a lot!

Do I like Rush as a band? Yes but I would not consider them top of anything except maybe Canadian rock bands with ultra high octave vocals.

Each entitled to their own opinions.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »
Drummer World rates John Bonham the most influential rock drummer of all time. Link:https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/John_Bonham.html

Still I think I prefer this guy. Damn fine lyricist too. https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ginger_Baker.html Both he and bandmate Jack Bruce were legendary for having violent temper tantrums when under the influence which was pretty much any time they were awake.

Compare the careers of any of the ones I mentioned to Neal Peart. Maybe Bill Bruford is the most impressive, having been a major success with three different bands over the course of a very lengthy career. I like Yes and King Crimson a lot, and he was a big part of both bands over the years. https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Bill_Bruford.html

So if I was rating people simply on their merits as a drummer I would have to pick Ginger Baker. Probably Michael Shrieve after that, then Bill Bruford. For sure Led Zeppelin's John Bonham is in the top four.

Each entitled to their own opinions.