News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

#483 at Aussie auction

Started by Jack4159, August 06, 2021, 05:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack4159

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-spring-timed-online-auction/K7D6A7FDFCF5Y7BT/

Price guide is in au$, I have no connection to the car.
I think there may be one or two things "not quite correct" here.....
I can only imagine the RHD conversion was done 20 years ago when first imported, no-one would do that to a Shelby now....though some are still doing it to classic mustangs here but most are now left as LHD which occasionally makes overtaking at highway speeds tricky as we drive on the LHS side of the road over here.

GT350AUS

Wow...I'm so sorry for all the Shelby owners to see a car get so disrespected.

Where do i start.......steering wheel, engine, wood grain door panel inserts, gear shift lever, RHD, OMG

I could only look at it for 30 seconds and had to go into my Aussie garage to to look at my GT350H and KR to re assure myself that Aussie's don't need to d this crap.

Mine are originals and will stay that way if they ever want to find their way back to the USA they remain unmolested.

We are caretakers not car makers.

GT350Lad

Ouch. Sorry guys bit embarrassed by that car. I can assure you that the vast majority of us treat our Shelbys better
Apologies
6S373
6S1276

Jack4159

Yep, I felt a bit ashamed as an Aussie too.
Hopefully it will find a good home and be put right.

Coralsnake

I wouldn't be ashamed of a work in progress 😀

Jack4159

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 06, 2021, 08:08:59 AM
I wouldn't be ashamed of a work in progress 😀
The chromed boot/trunk hinges were the highlight for me.....I mean, why didn't any of us think of that?  :D :D

GT350AUS

I didn't get anywhere near the trunk since I was put off y the earlier pictures.

ctann

Well, nice to learn that you all know what a GT500KR is "back home" - planning on bringing mine back with me (though it looks like it may be a few years...)

Chris.

98SVT - was 06GT

The car is PERFECT! I'm tired of 100 point restoration and enjoy looking at a hearing the history/stories of each day 2-1,000,00 day car. There is NOTHING MORE BORING than walking down a line of Shelbys where the only variation is the date codes of the glass and sheet metal.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 19, 2021, 09:10:59 PM
The car is PERFECT! I'm tired of 100 point restoration and enjoy looking at a hearing the history/stories of each day 2-1,000,00 day car. There is NOTHING MORE BORING than walking down a line of Shelbys where the only variation is the date codes of the glass and sheet metal.

We concur
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Isn't that a67 vin plate stamped like a 68?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on August 19, 2021, 09:54:50 PM
Isn't that a67 vin plate stamped like a 68?
That typical 67 style plate is correct for early production 68's . The VIN stamping however is different then 67 production.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 19, 2021, 09:10:59 PM
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

VE66RT

Saw this as a kid back in the '80's at a car show in Wollongong. Manual, Big block with side-draught Webers, thought it was awesome then and still do now. Pretty sure Dennis also had a red 67.

6s1139

Quote from: GT350AUS on August 06, 2021, 06:04:38 AM
, RHD, OMG

Remember though, there was a time when they had to be converted to RHD to be registered here

Seem to remember one of the first shipments in was 2 x new 67's and 3 x used 66's into AU - all converted (one of the 66's was local to me, original AU owner and he had drive it across the country three times so patina was an understatement  ;) )