The Cars > GT40 - Original/Mk V

C8FE block

<< < (2/13) > >>

shelbydoug:

--- Quote from: camp upshur on August 08, 2021, 12:02:13 PM ---
The gulf cars ran inline valves on Gurney-Weslake heads. Never seen a period GT-40 w canted-valve Boss 302-yet.

--- End quote ---

I'm not the expert on GT40's. I'm going by what the press reported.

I am not disagreeing but I'd be surprised if the G-W heads could be homolagated as production heads?

camp upshur:

Yes Gurney Heads are what they ran. Great SB Ford history there if you're ever killing time. Only car to will LeMans twice was GT40P-1075 - both wins Gurney Heads.

JohnSlack:
It's a much longer answer than I have time for right now, however the street C8FE vs. T/A C8FE vs. the Tunnelport C8FE differences are numerous and include metallurgy as well as physical differences. I have had all three.
John

propayne:

--- Quote from: shelbydoug on August 08, 2021, 12:49:20 PM ---
The gulf cars ran inline valves on Gurney-Weslake heads. Never seen a period GT-40 w canted-valve Boss 302-yet.

--- End quote ---

I'm not the expert on GT40's. I'm going by what the press reported.

I am not disagreeing but I'd be surprised if the G-W heads could be homolagated as production heads?

--- End quote ---

Gurney has stated in interviews that he wanted to run his heads on the BME TA Cougars. He did some testing and they made more power but Ford nixed it. It was one more nail in the coffin of his relationship with Ford.

- Phillip

Royce Peterson:
Agree. No GT-40's with Boss 302 heads ever won anything or ran at LeMans.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version