The Cars > 1965 GT350/R-Model

3259 Carburetor Problems

(1/6) > >>

texas swede:
My 513 dated 3259 carburetor is acting up. Car doesn't start if I don't pour gas directly into the carb and it just runs until
that fuel is used and then it stops. Tested the pump and it pumps fuel as well as tested if fuel is in the bowls and it is.
It seems like the accelerator lever is stuck as it doesn't move when opening the throttles. just compress the spring.
What can be wrong?  Also, does anybody have the Holley part# for the diaphragm that works with ethanol mixed gas.
Texas Swede

Dan Case:

--- Quote from: texas swede on August 09, 2021, 06:35:55 PM ---My 513 dated 3259 carburetor is acting up. Car doesn't start if I don't pour gas directly into the carb and it just runs until
that fuel is used and then it stops. Tested the pump and it pumps fuel as well as tested if fuel is in the bowls and it is.
It seems like the accelerator lever is stuck as it doesn't move when opening the throttles. just compress the spring.
What can be wrong?  Also, does anybody have the Holley part# for the diaphragm that works with ethanol mixed gas.
Texas Swede

--- End quote ---

I can think of all kinds of problems. Diagnosing in little text boxes is a hit or miss game.

I use Holley® 135-10, 30 cc diaphragms but sounds like the carburetor needs to come off and get a complete functional inspection.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas:
Agreed

1175:
I’ll bet rubber on accelerator pump has dried out and stiff.  Happened to me. 

Jon

mygt350:
I sent my 3259 to Drew to go through. Was leaking, ran like a dog, bucked and burped and was hard to start. He took it apart and when I got it back, all I had to adjust was the curb idle. Now it runs like a banshee, no bucking or burping and not one leak. Drew knows these carbs and does outstanding work on expensive eye candy, like these.
Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version