News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Article on Mustang clay that kinda/sorta looks like GT40 but this is '62

Started by HistoryBuff, November 10, 2021, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryBuff

All these Ford Design Center pics have number signs that show the day when they were shot so I was a little surprised to see this design from back in '62 when the first GT40 clays were '64?. I don't know how long they followed the direction of pointed nose, hidden headlamps. The side scoops are like those on the first GT40 clays and the Mustang I show car (true mid-engine) This article on the front engine pointy hose car also has early shots of '64 GT40 clays as well.

https://mycarquest.com/2021/11/design-the-first-generation-mustang-could-have-looked-weird-in-1965.html

Bill

Quote from: HistoryBuff on November 10, 2021, 03:27:41 PM
All these Ford Design Center pics have number signs that show the day when they were shot so I was a little surprised to see this design from back in '62 when the first GT40 clays were '64?. I don't know how long they followed the direction of pointed nose, hidden headlamps. The side scoops are like those on the first GT40 clays and the Mustang I show car (true mid-engine) This article on the front engine pointy hose car also has early shots of '64 GT40 clays as well.

https://mycarquest.com/2021/11/design-the-first-generation-mustang-could-have-looked-weird-in-1965.html

Mr Wallace,

Please refrain from posting self promotion in this forum as it is strongly frowned upon.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bill on November 10, 2021, 03:45:11 PMPlease refrain from posting self promotion in this forum as it is strongly frowned upon.
Without self promotion there would be none. Interesting he has suddenly appeared here with MANY posts asking questions/opinions on cars/community etc. Guess he's going back into the author business if the artist biz doesn't work out.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Richstang

That article, although just written, is dated by about 7 months.
The FORD archivist released those particular images in April of this year.

I have found hundreds of Ford design photos, published over the last several decades in various sources.
Those previous articles all repeat the same Mustang story, with all the details that never change with time.

The Ford internal design competition that started it all was in August 1962. The design effort appear to start in July 1961.
The designs were intended to rival the Chevy Corvair with the concept named 'Allegro', there also the 'Median' in 1961.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Tired Sheep

I have been reading the inappropriate comments on Mr Wyss' posts on the forum.

Maybe some people here need to direct that vitriol towards the people who are posting and "flooding" the forum that deserve it instead? Personally I would rather about the history than all the garbage in the Lounge

In case you haven't noticed, several people that posted constructively have left.

Maybe a house cleaning is in order?

69mach351w

Quote from: Tired Sheep on November 10, 2021, 06:46:06 PM

Maybe some people here need to direct that vitriol towards the people who are posting and "flooding" the forum that deserve it instead? Personally I would rather about the history than all the garbage in the Lounge

In case you haven't noticed, several people that posted constructively have left.

I think Historybuff, Wallace, Wyss or whoever he is, has put a stinky taste in Bill's mouth in the past. Must be something more personal than we know :o

shelbydoug

I don't see any problems with the posts other then they just lead to old news.

As far as I know, Ford bought the "GT40" from Lola as the Lola GT and renamed it the GT40 somewhere in the 62-63 time frame.

I do remember the car running "somewhere", i.e., a European high speed event with it's wire wheels and it broke seemingly immediately. Right after that it became the Ford GT.

The entire GT40 scenario was always fascinating to me and the biggest head scratcher was how it could be called "American" considering is was built in the UK?
It is what it is though and certainly it was developed and raced primarily as an American car.

I do remember Shelby making a comment about the Cobra Coupes. Apparently some of the press was questioning them because of their Italian bodies and not really being Cobras.

Shelby saying something to the effect that the "Ferrari GTO's weren't built by Ferrari but they were still considered Ferrari's".

I suppose that covers the GT40's too in Shelby-speak?

If Wyss wants to participate here constructively and wants to cloak himself in anonymity, what's the harm? So far he isn't a troll but if anyone here becomes one there are ways of dealing with that? So what's the big deal?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: 69mach351w on November 10, 2021, 06:58:35 PM

I think Historybuff, Wallace, Wyss or whoever he is, has put a stinky taste in Bill's mouth in the past. Must be something more personal than we know :o

Nothing personal against Mr Wallace, however, his past history proves that bringing up old dated articles and information, or resurrecting old threads, even posting in the 3rd person is his M.O. In this case, he is doing so either to hawk his wares, or to link to his articles elsewhere (instead of posting the data here, which is why this forum was created) so as to bolster his "click count in order to show the publisher of those sites just our popular he is supposed to be.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on November 11, 2021, 07:58:08 AM
Quote from: 69mach351w on November 10, 2021, 06:58:35 PM

Nothing personal against Mr Wallace, however, his past history proves that bringing up old dated articles and information, or resurrecting old threads, even posting in the 3rd person is his M.O. In this case, he is doing so either to hawk his wares, or to link to his articles elsewhere (instead of posting the data here, which is why this forum was created) so as to bolster his "click count in order to show the publisher of those sites just our popular he is supposed to be.

Bill

So he gets the twelve of us here to click on his articles. SOME of which are worthy of reading. That's an issue?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bill on November 11, 2021, 07:58:08 AM, his past history proves that bringing up old dated articles and information, or resurrecting old threads, even posting in the 3rd person is his M.O. In this case, he is doing so either to hawk his wares, or to link to his articles elsewhere (instead of posting the data here, which is why this forum was created) so as to bolster his "click count

Research - notice how a lot of his posts are questions. Picking the brain trust for upcoming articles based of his "experiences".
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Richstang

Quote from: Richstang on November 10, 2021, 06:01:09 PM
That article, although just written, is dated by about 7 months.
The FORD archivist released those particular images in April of this year.

I have found hundreds of Ford design photos, published over the last several decades in various sources.
Those previous articles all repeat the same Mustang story, with all the details that never change with time.

The Ford internal design competition that started it all was in August 1962. The design effort appear to start in July 1961.
The designs were intended to rival the Chevy Corvair with the concept named 'Allegro', there also the 'Median' in 1961.

EDITED the above post; removed some negative text and added a photo for information to those who might not know the details.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar