Author Topic: NOS 65 PCV valve on ebay that is not the same as the one in for sale section.  (Read 7292 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
FYI Here is a AC brand PCV that is different and incorrect compared to the AC C5 marked one in the for sale section. You can compare the two .The most striking difference is the dimensions of the hex between the two. The black chromate finish is the other. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-66-Mustang-K-code-Shelby-GT-PCV-Valve-CV666C-6421977-NIB/272999266071
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
The one in the for sale section is like assemblyline even though it is in a AC box. OEM mfg sometimes sold the same Ford spec parts they to the aftermarket. The C5 engineering number is not a trademark so it in no harm no foul for it to be on the part being sold to the aftermarket I have the exact same marked PCV in a old style blue FOMOCO. I suppose the auction PCV is a later version which is why it looks different. My post was deleted (no cross talk i suppose) from where I originally posted it with the relevant part when someone posted a question about the box.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
  Yes Bob ,  I too believe the "black" one is an '80s - '90s part. I've seen many in more modern AC Delco packaging. I also have one made of aluminum and no part numbers. It doesn't look "homemade".
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
when did assemblyline go from hex to round style?
1966 GT350 6s1761

gt350hr

• View Profile
  I haven't seen an AC # PV666C  "round" body ( no hex). Ford would not put the C5AE part number on one with a round body. The part number would have to change.
   Randy

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
C6AE is the part # on the round one.
1966 GT350 6s1761

67350#1242

• View Profile
Did assembly line have "spark plug type" marking like the one in for sale section?
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
  I haven't seen an AC # PV666C  "round" body ( no hex). Ford would not put the C5AE part number on one with a round body. The part number would have to change.
   Randy

+1 The later non-rebuildable ones were different
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
any idea when the c6ae nonrebuildable pcv valve came out?
1966 GT350 6s1761

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
any idea when the c6ae nonrebuildable pcv valve came out?
My guess is they came into use after the first of the year 66 from observations. They were also used side by side with the C5 hex shape through the end of production. I have seen vintage photos with both. I even have a vintage picture of a 67 model with the C5 hex shape. It might have been a extra inventory thing. 

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Haven't been able to place a specific point of the change over or the introduction of the newer style. The fact that there were plenty of the earlier versions on shelves of dealerships, regular maintenance schedules, it being a fairly often changed out part and the possibility that they were still being used at the plant makes for a challenge IMHO

Right now, for me it appears to be somewhere in the Dec 65 - Jan 66 built cars. Need to check through all the Mustang data and pictures to see if that can add anything to the discussion
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Haven't been able to place a specific point of the change over or the introduction of the newer style. The fact that there were plenty of the earlier versions on shelves of dealerships, regular maintenance schedules, it being a fairly often changed out part and the possibility that they were still being used at the plant makes for a challenge IMHO

Right now, for me it appears to be somewhere in the Dec 65 - Jan 66 built cars. Need to check through all the Mustang data and pictures to see if that can add anything to the discussion
Jeff, you would think that your statement would be valid and is what I used to feel was probable also. I have since changed my point of view. The reason being Vintage magazine photos seem to indicate both types even one 67 photo with the C5 hex. I had to change my point of view on a maintenance change given multiple factory type loaner cars used for magazines that typically are low mileage prior to first oil change (block color oil filter). Just had to give it the benefit of the doubt based on what I have seen.

gt350hr

• View Profile
  I've seen plenty of the C6 version on C and A code '66 engines , but few on K code engines. Engines ( just like cars) were built at the assembly plants to "build sheets" that specified every part used in the assembly. It is "my opinion" that the C5 Pcv valve was carried over to the  '66 K code builds. The engine warranty code tag did change but was mainly because of the fuel system changes , Carb , fuel line and fuel pump.
    Randy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
  I've seen plenty of the C6 version on C and A code '66 engines , but few on K code engines. Engines ( just like cars) were built at the assembly plants to "build sheets" that specified every part used in the assembly. It is "my opinion" that the C5 Pcv valve was carried over to the  '66 K code builds. The engine warranty code tag did change but was mainly because of the fuel system changes , Carb , fuel line and fuel pump.
    Randy
Randy, I would like to point out by your observation statement that you have seen a few C6 style used also in 66 . That supports my observations that both C5 and C6 were used for whatever reason. They both had the same designation (operated the same) engineering number not withstanding which would seem to indicate that it wasn't a design difference but some kind of supply difference. 

67350#1242

• View Profile
I have 2  of what I believe to be assembly line (Hex style) PCV's marked

--- C5AE-6A666-B-C.S.CO.---   this is only marking.  Would you agree these are originals and

anyone know what C.S.CO. stands for?
Kurt.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB