Author Topic: NOS 65 PCV valve on ebay that is not the same as the one in for sale section.  (Read 7294 times)

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
I have 2  of what I believe to be assembly line (Hex style) PCV's marked

--- C5AE-6A666-B-C.S.CO.---   this is only marking.  Would you agree these are originals and

anyone know what C.S.CO. stands for?
Kurt.

Kurt,

Those are original, C.S. CO was the other valve manufacturer besides AC, don't know what C.S. CO. stand's for...

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
I have 2  of what I believe to be assembly line (Hex style) PCV's marked

--- C5AE-6A666-B-C.S.CO.---   this is only marking.  Would you agree these are originals and

anyone know what C.S.CO. stands for?
Kurt.
I have only seen the engineering number marked on PCV's that were used by Ford regardless of if sold over the parts counter as service parts or on Auto Parts store shelf's for the mass's. The parts counter PCV are in Ford boxes and the Auto Part store ones will be boxed in there OEM MFG marked box .In those cases it is typically the same PCV just different box.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
cant upload photo of c6 version
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:40:21 PM by EdwardGT350 »
1966 GT350 6s1761

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
  Bob's experience mirrors mine. I have found AC boxed parts with the C5AE number on them and others with only the AC part number. They are getting harder to find in NOS with the Ford part number on them.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
  Bob's experience mirrors mine. I have found AC boxed parts with the C5AE number on them and others with only the AC part number. They are getting harder to find in NOS with the Ford part number on them.

Are they $500 worth of hard to find?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1965-66-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-K-Code-PCV-Valve-C5AZ-6A666-A1-RARE-EARLY-TYPE/152778570941?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
They typically sell for less. I haven't seen one sell for that much but who knows. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• View Profile
 There is another variant not mentioned yet. I looked at my "assembly line" valve on my original engine last night. It has a .020 wide "v notch" cut into the "points" of the hex area half way up the hex. None of my other ones have it but I have seen others like it. Not stirring the pot just noting a difference.
    Randy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
There is another variant not mentioned yet. I looked at my "assembly line" valve on my original engine last night. It has a .020 wide "v notch" cut into the "points" of the hex area half way up the hex.

Like this one/style?  Forms sort of a "diamond? look on the finished product Have seen that style many times

Picture from a magazine article. Can't tell the version/style but IMHO something caught the sunlight just right part way up the side of the PCV

Service replacement example/part

Don't know if its the cutting depth, tip of the cutting tool or angle while looking at it without having them in hand next to one another.  Have pictures with this cuts into the hex area through 67 versions  but each looks similar but different in ways

Could post but not sure it it would help
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:37:30 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
There is another variant not mentioned yet. I looked at my "assembly line" valve on my original engine last night. It has a .020 wide "v notch" cut into the "points" of the hex area half way up the hex.

Like this one/style?  Forms sort of a "diamond? look on the finished product Have seen that style many times

Service replacement example/part

Don't know if its the cutting depth, tip of the cutting tool or angle while looking at it without having them in hand next to one another.  Have pictures with this cuts into the hex area through 67 versions  but each looks similar but different in ways

Could post but not sure it it would help
Just so no one gets the wrong idea although these pictures are excellent examples of the detail being discussed the picture parts are for the earlier style PCV that screws into the brass fitting it is not a replacement for any year GT350.   

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
There is another variant not mentioned yet. I looked at my "assembly line" valve on my original engine last night. It has a .020 wide "v notch" cut into the "points" of the hex area half way up the hex. None of my other ones have it but I have seen others like it. Not stirring the pot just noting a difference.
    Randy

Randy,

That is the C.S.CO version mentioned previously. Looks similar to Jeff's pics but has the non-threaded hose connection.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

Silver Bullitt

• View Profile
FWIW, my C5 hex (no thread) assembly line original does not have the vertical "XXXXX" markings like the AC I recently saw for sale.

67350#1242

• View Profile
I have another C5 Hex with SSC in a segmented circle in the manufacturers spot - also has the splits on the points.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

gt350hr

• View Profile
     Bob ,
      Mine has the non threaded , regular "nipple top".  I believe Jeff posted his pic to verify the "notches" I spoke of. I also have several like the one in Jeff's pic as they were used on 390 and 428 engines.
     Randy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
     Bob ,
      Mine has the non threaded , regular "nipple top".  I believe Jeff posted his pic to verify the "notches" I spoke of. I also have several like the one in Jeff's pic as they were used on 390 and 428 engines.
     Randy
That is exactly why Jeff posted it. I was clarifying so someone didn't confuse the  C4 threaded 289 pcv valve style with the nipple version. The hex C4 threaded style is a 20-40.00 piece on a good day. The Hex C5 nipple version sells for many times that amount. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:46:59 AM by Bob Gaines »

gt350hr

• View Profile
 More stuff for the totes headed to the swap meet at SAAC 43!
     Randy

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
I have another C5 Hex with SSC in a segmented circle in the manufacturers spot - also has the splits on the points.

I had forgotten about that version which appears almost identical to the C5AE C.S.CO version, including the tick marks on the hex points. Thanks for reminding me.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757