News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

rear wheel cylinder bolts and backing plate plugs

Started by musclecarman15, September 01, 2021, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musclecarman15

need clarification on 70 shelby gt350 rear backing plate plugs...i have one KH and one Bendix backing plate...which type plug(8a or cross hatch ) goes on which one and which bolts (recessed head or solid ) goes on which backing plate wheel cylinder. when i disassembled(rear backing plates and wheel cylinders) i got the bolts mixed up. i know the cylinders are 7/8 and same right to left....have seen originals with two different type markings...one with about 5-6 numbers like a vendor code and others with number like 1a and nothing else...was there two suppliers? thx keith if someone had a picture of original wheel cylinder would help...thx again keith...also where the wheel cylinder boots all marked with kelsey hayes

Bob Gaines

Quote from: musclecarman15 on September 01, 2021, 04:49:06 PM
need clarification on 70 shelby gt350 rear backing plate plugs...i have one KH and one Bendix backing plate...which type plug(8a or cross hatch ) goes on which one and which bolts (recessed head or solid ) goes on which backing plate wheel cylinder. when i disassembled(rear backing plates and wheel cylinders) i got the bolts mixed up. i know the cylinders are 7/8 and same right to left....have seen originals with two different type markings...one with about 5-6 numbers like a vendor code and others with number like 1a and nothing else...was there two suppliers? thx keith if someone had a picture of original wheel cylinder would help...thx again keith...also where the wheel cylinder boots all marked with kelsey hayes
KH plug had the cross hatch and Bendix had the 8A. I will leave the other questions for others .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

One side uses recessed head and other flat head. Now if I can only remember which is which  :o

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on September 02, 2021, 04:20:50 PM
One side uses recessed head and other flat head. Now if I can only remember which is which  :o
You too? I think it's catching .LOL
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 02, 2021, 05:57:17 PM
Quote from: TLea on September 02, 2021, 04:20:50 PM
+1 . You too? I think it's catching .LOL

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge