Author Topic: help pricing a 1970 Hemi Cuda  (Read 7381 times)

Cudino

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: help pricing a 1970 Hemi Cuda
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »
Cudino,
It could have been white.
Guy had owned it for many years. may have an old pic of it.
It was a chance in a lifetime to get it. 71 Hemi Challenger conv,
John
OK, now I know which car you’re talking about.  I think you mean a “70 rather than a ‘71, that’s what threw me off.  While Hemi Cuda convertibles were built in both 70 and 71, Hemi Challenger convertibles were only built for one year, 1970, and there is a purple one living in the KC area.  Only 12 of those built as well, although there’s rumors of a 13th.  Although the owner occasionally considers selling, you might be happy to know that it actually never got sold, even today it is still owned by the same fellow (Dwain) who first bought it off a used car lot in the mid ‘70s.  I guess this must be the car you are thinking of, nice car, Dwain painted it purple decades ago but it was originally Sublime green.

- Wade
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 12:06:30 PM by Cudino »

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
Cudina,
I thought for sure the car left.
Why I stopped my efforts to purchase.
Cool that he still owns it.
Guess I messed up some years also.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 10:31:13 PM »
It would seem that only Chrysler could possibly conceive of offering such strange contradictory factory build options? An automatic column shift with a Hemi and hood scoop?

What happened to the push buttons on the dash board? My HS Driver's Ed, a Ply Mouth Fury,  car had those. You could really slam those buttons but the girls needed to be careful they didn't break their "nails".

What about a roll bar with a cigar holder?

LMAO

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2021, 10:54:08 AM »
It would seem that only Chrysler could possibly conceive of offering such strange contradictory factory build options? An automatic column shift with a Hemi and hood scoop?

What happened to the push buttons on the dash board? My HS Driver's Ed, a Ply Mouth Fury,  car had those. You could really slam those buttons but the girls needed to be careful they didn't break their "nails".

LMAO
Well Chrysler did Max Wedge and race Hemi cars with a dash push button trans. There are 2 Mr Gasket cars I'd used to see every year in Dearborn. Here is one for sale on BaT. Got to admit that is weird for that time period reaching to the dash to push a button to shift. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-dodge-330-hemi-lightweight/
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »
Yea, my late Aunt had a Mopar of some sort that had the push buttons on the LS dash. I barely remember that because she didn't own it long and I can remember riding in it only a few times. Seems to be a Plymouth Fury body shape.

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 10:28:22 AM »
Well guys,
Not going well at this time on the Cuda.
I believe I mentioned his son had become involved, if not, he has.
Was not allowed to check/inspect it this past weekend.

This is nothing new, as after over 50 years in the car trade, nothing surprises me.
Will post information on the car if it moves forward.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Cudino

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »
That’s a bummer, sorry about that.

- Wade

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2021, 08:26:58 AM »

LMAO
Well Chrysler did Max Wedge and race Hemi cars with a dash push button trans. There are 2 Mr Gasket cars I'd used to see every year in Dearborn. Here is one for sale on BaT. Got to admit that is weird for that time period reaching to the dash to push a button to shift. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-dodge-330-hemi-lightweight/

Come to think of it, the kid from the Ply Mouth family up the street always cautioned some to "not push his buttons"? Huh. Never thought that's where the expression came from? ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:29:47 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!