Author Topic: Real 427 SC on Craigslist $70,000  (Read 2386 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Real 427 SC on Craigslist $70,000
« on: August 24, 2021, 02:16:08 PM »
Is there really one born every minute?
PS: My email asking for the CSX# went unanswered

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ctd/d/standard-1967-shelby-cobra-427-sc-real/7369681103.html

Here is an investment you can enjoy and still have equity built in from the start. This 1967 Shelby AC Cobra 427 SC is fresh out of a professional restoration/build and is priced to sell. This is a real AC Cobra 427 SC you can use and enjoy!!! Take it for a spin around town, cruise the beach boulevard or visit the local car shows. This 1967 Shelby Cobra has only TEST MILES on the clock since the restoration. This fresh restoration has brought this vintage classic Cobra back to PRISTINE condition. This is the best built true 1967 AC 427 Cobra currently available for the price offered. Look around and compare prices and quality...you will save tens of thousands of dollars with this Cobra and you will have built in equity from the start of ownership!!!

1967 Shelby AC Cobra 427 SC

CALIFORNIA SMOG EXEMPT !!!

FRESH RESTORATION / BUILD
W/ ONLY TEST MILES ON THE CLOCK!

High Performance 427 V-8 Engine
w/ Functional Side Pipe Exhaust

New Edelbrock 4-Barrel Carburetor
Mounted on a Edelbrock Performance Intake

4-Speed Manual Transmission

All New Interior
w/ Deluxe Black Leather Seats

New Dash & Components

New Instrument Panel & Gauges

Shelby Exotic Wood Steering Wheel

Correct Shelby Cobra Gas Cap & Filler

All New Correct Shelby Badging

Correct 1967 Eleanor Tail lamps
w/ Sequential Wire Harness

Independent Rear End Suspension

4 Wheel Disk Brakes

Custom Wheels
w/ Spinners

Fresh PPG Paint in Destroyer Gray
w/ Black Racing Stripe

TOO MUCH TO LIST...

Show Ready, Cruising Ready
& Street Ready !!!

Clean California Title & Current Registration!!!

PRIVATE PARTY TRANSACTION
I am a restoration shop (not a car dealer)

Need More Info? Call or Text: (209) 559-4982
-- or visit our website --
CaliforniaFordBroncos.com

Important information and disclaimer: Please do not make an offer, bid, or purchase this vehicle without full consideration. Owning a classic vehicle is not for everyone. A classic vehicle may not drive, handle, perform or be as comfortable as a new modern vehicle. Early Shelby AC Cobra vehicles are at least 54 years old. Therefore, the technology, reliability, drivability, and comfort will not be the same as a new modern vehicle one may be used to. A classic vehicle of any make is different on many levels when compared to a new modern vehicle. Therefore, please consider these factors before making a purchase. Further, as with nearly all classic vehicles, this vehicle does not have an existing warranty and is being sold in “as-is” condition with no promise of future repairs. While inspections are not a mandatory requirement, inspections are welcomed and encouraged. If you have any questions or concerns about this vehicle and/or the purchase process, please feel free to contact me prior to making an offer, bidding and/or purchasing this vehicle. Please make sure to have all funds in order prior to purchase. Finally, please have the approval of your spouse, significant other, parent, grand-parent, or any other governing person before making an offer, bidding and/or purchasing as there is no “cooling-off” period offered on this vehicle. Thank you.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

A-Snake

• View Profile
Re: Real 427 SC on Craigslist $70,000
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 04:05:15 PM »
"Correct 1967 Eleanor Tail lamps w/ Sequential Wire Harness"

::) ::) ::) ::)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
One of one with Edelbrock carb, independent rear suspension and those official tail lights! ::)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »
Y'all don't get it...if you can see it, feel it, hear it, smell it, it's gota be real

I viewed a fobra at a local car show, as I was walking around it the owner came up to me and volunteered that it was a real cobra.

I smiled and he kept jiving me, got to the point that I asked when did they start installing glove boxes in cobras 62 or 63.  He did not reply....FOBRA
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:29:18 PM »
So which way do the taillights sequence? Up-down, or down-up? GOTTA KNOW!!!!!!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »
   The four lug wheels were common on Fobra S/Cs ,  ;) ;)see how little you "experts " know.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
   The four lug wheels were common on Fobra S/Cs ,  ;) ;)see how little you "experts " know.
That was only on the ones Penske raced - unfair advantage - 1 less lug nut to deal with during pit stops.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 05:57:10 PM »
I take it all back it's a pretty kool kar......not !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 06:33:30 PM »
The first thing that would stop me from even looking at it at a show is that color, next thing is the wheels. No Fakie Doos- If I was inclined to have a looksie under the hood, I would be turned off by the Cleveland style valve covers but upon closer inspection it is a 429 by the water neck-OOOOH NOOOO To each his own, but someone needs to help him with proper listings!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 06:47:04 PM »
427–429, what’s the difference? Methinks he would say it’s a typo. He clearly does not know FEs from 385s. That hood scoop molding…why in the world? That just hurts to look at.
Tom - DFW, Texas

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 06:52:53 PM »
No misspelled CS signature on dash.  Cannot be the real deal.  :o

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 07:19:37 PM »
Looks like a 351 Cleveland to me, no timing cover, water pump bolted to front of block.  C’mon guys give him the benefit of the doubt and say it’s a stroker 427 Cleveland.  Or maybe I meant the seller is a stroker?? 😉

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2021, 11:40:09 PM »
Nobody's spotted that the outside 3" of the rear tires aren't touching the ground and will only get worse with weight in the car.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2021, 11:48:05 PM »
351 Cleveland the water neck comes straight up off of the block, a 429 angles at a 90 degree bend, its hard to see but it looks like a 385 series Big Block. Had to go check my old 429 scj to make sure.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »
It's quite advanced for a high school shop project. It must be a term project thing?

Who is even making a square tube chassis for Cobra Kit cars?

I believe it is a Cleveland with a custom made thermostat housing?

Years ago I ran into this guy "Stan". He owned a deli locally and was an avid drag racing aficionado. He was a friend of Flip who had a speed shop and was running Flips Pro Stock Camaro with Kenny Delco driving.

He had two "Contemporary Cobra" cars. An SC and one of the two Daytona Coupes they built before Peter went belly up. This was 1986 when Contemporary was in Mount Vernon.

That's where I saw it, at Contemporary in Mt.Vernon, before Stan bought it and took it to his farm in Pennsylvania.

The "Coupe" was a 351w with Webers. You couldn't talk to Stan about them. He would get nearly violent if you disagreed that they weren't real Cobras. It seems that in the drag racing crowd, you can make any "real" car that you want to and "that's just the way that it is". It doesn't matter that you aren't Shelby or even Ford. You just lift molds off of a real one.

There was a whole story about the then current owner of one of the coupes allowing molds to be pulled off of the Coupe that he owned. I don't remember the details now.

This guy, "Monty" was making the chassis for Contemporary (anudda' guy from d'Bronx) and the Coupe had a 3" round "Contemporary" tube chassis in it? Ironic that it was so "easy" to clone an authentic looking "Coupe"?

It was all part of this "Bronx thing" and if you questioned anything at all, you just weren't kool and were some kind of a mental reject thing? I'm not from d'Bonix so I'm on the un-kool obviously retarded list.

Anyway, the point is, I wonder if folks like this attempting to pass this thing off are just immoral or amoral? The result ultimately is the same but do they really think there are bumpkins that will believe them and drink their Kool Aide too? Hum?

I was just being polite which again proves I'm retarded.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 07:41:17 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!