News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

My favorite car at the Boss Nationals

Started by Bob Gaines, August 27, 2021, 08:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

This car got me a little emotional because it reminded me of a lost friend 2 months ago today. Mike Heinemann's Boss 429 day 2 car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

It's good to have the memories. Sorry for your loss.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

6S1568

Awesome color with the white lettering on the fender. Cool car, thanks for sharing the photo.

propayne

You know, it's been hotter than the hinges of hell here in the mid-atlantic and when I take the XR7-G out for it's routine exorcize in this heat I think of Chris and the fan clutch I got from him - keeping the temps down on my 390.

What a positive force he was within the hobby - and continues to be even after his passing.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

430dragpack

This green BOSS 302 that Kelly Shultz brought up is beautiful.  Special order paint.

JD

^^^that is a beautiful Boss 302!

(I wouldn't change a thing)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 430dragpack on August 28, 2021, 12:53:57 PM
This green BOSS 302 that Kelly Shultz brought up is beautiful.  Special order paint.

A friend had some handcut white stripes on his black 70. I love to see some gold ones against that green.

Here are some more photos of the event.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=86371.45
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 430dragpack on August 28, 2021, 12:53:57 PM

Like a Hotwheels color.  I am liking that shade of green.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 27, 2021, 08:59:18 PM
This car got me a little emotional because it reminded me of a lost friend 2 months ago today. Mike Heinemann's Boss 429 day 2 car.

It really hits you to see it in print like that.  I miss him as well.
Nothing beats a classic!

6s2055

Bob, what was/is the KK number? I sold KK1987 a number of years back. Had Jen/Jac do a frame off. Took about 9-10 months. If this is it, I have the cd on the resto.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s2055 on August 28, 2021, 08:05:33 PM
Bob, what was/is the KK number? I sold KK1987 a number of years back. Had Jen/Jac do a frame off. Took about 9-10 months. If this is it, I have the cd on the resto.
I don't know KK but Mike got it from long time owner Wayne Curry.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Wooahbundy

Beautiful car. Thank you for sharing the photo.
1970 Shelby GT350 #2346
2013 Boss 302 #3161
1971 Boss 351-Gone but not forgotten!

mikeh

Thanks for posting Bob. Chris will always be sorely missed by everyone that knew him, such a unique individual.

My car is KK1660, has not been restored. Could use it but that's for the next guy, I like to drive the hell out of it!