News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

DSO question

Started by Chad, April 23, 2018, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Hey everyone.  I am restoring my 66 GT350H.  We are ready to paint and I am trying to figure out what the DSO would be for my car.  My car is 1449.  So what I want to know is the DSO number that should be on the front radiator support.  Thanks for your help

EdwardGT350

what was used to do the writing? grease pencil?
was the writing white? yellow?
1966 GT350 6s1761

Chad

98SVT - was 06GT

Wouldn't they all use the Los Angeles DSO?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

Quote from: Chad on April 23, 2018, 05:49:51 PM
Hey everyone.  I am restoring my 66 GT350H.  We are ready to paint and I am trying to figure out what the DSO would be for my car.  My car is 1449.  So what I want to know is the DSO number that should be on the front radiator support.  Thanks for your help

Originally the DSO code would not have been written on the radiator support of 66 San Jose built Shelby's or any other Mustang IMHO. Of course have allot of pictures and documentation of this and other markings to document this.

Not sure where that came from

Also consider that the markings that your likely referring to were not really visible on the finished car but were applied to the bare metal then painted over only to decades later leach through and often rust the radiator support.  There are other markings that were applied over the black paint but that is a different purpose and discussion ;)

Most but not all were applied with a permanent crayon or lumber marker in yellow. There were normally other markings that were different colors and different types of applicators

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on April 23, 2018, 07:15:06 PM
Wouldn't they all use the Los Angeles DSO?

Think he was asking for the order/special order group number rather than the DSO which would start with the DSO ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350hr

I have seen DSO on the core support ( not on "every" car) but never the actual DSO numbers. Same for the axle housing. "KD" is almost always on the core support or cross member.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Chad

J_Speegle

Quote from: gt350hr on April 24, 2018, 11:01:41 AM
............... "KD" is almost always on the core support or cross member.

+1 those were over the black and normally IMHO "K"s and multiple "D"s or even multiple "K"s  just like 6 cylinders that would have one or more "6"s in the same location. standard V8's didn't receive the engine code call outs  just the "D"s
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge