Author Topic: #2087 Restoration Questions  (Read 3603 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: #2087 Restoration Questions
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 02:31:04 PM »
More questions’

What  kind of adhesive or sealant goes around the side scoops and end caps? How big a bead?

Not sure I would even call it a bead. Applications different because of the angle of the two ends to one another.

If no one else does maybe I'll post a couple of examples of the two  from unrestored examples. Be warned that the end cap sealer may not be very visible at all in a picture unless the angle is just perfect
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Fastback66

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
That would be great. Thanks.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 07:24:43 PM »
More questions’

What  kind of adhesive or sealant goes around the side scoops and end caps? How big a bead?

I read somewhere that is was common to swap out the headlight switch with a Cougar headlight switch because it handles the center and headlight load better. Can someone elaborate on this?
Clear RTV  . I suggest using a clear silicone. I lay masking tape on ether side of the seam . I then lay down a thin bead over the seam. I take a finger and smooth out the bead which works the silicone into the seam. This smoothing out leaves a very little thin layer of silicone. I peel away the tape and then smooth out any edges with my finger. This process leaves a thin seam and seals the scoops etc. very similar to the original process.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby