News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

rear wheel cylinder bolts and backing plate plugs

Started by musclecarman15, September 01, 2021, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musclecarman15

need clarification on 70 shelby gt350 rear backing plate plugs...i have one KH and one Bendix backing plate...which type plug(8a or cross hatch ) goes on which one and which bolts (recessed head or solid ) goes on which backing plate wheel cylinder. when i disassembled(rear backing plates and wheel cylinders) i got the bolts mixed up. i know the cylinders are 7/8 and same right to left....have seen originals with two different type markings...one with about 5-6 numbers like a vendor code and others with number like 1a and nothing else...was there two suppliers? thx keith if someone had a picture of original wheel cylinder would help...thx again keith...also where the wheel cylinder boots all marked with kelsey hayes

Bob Gaines

Quote from: musclecarman15 on September 01, 2021, 04:49:06 PM
need clarification on 70 shelby gt350 rear backing plate plugs...i have one KH and one Bendix backing plate...which type plug(8a or cross hatch ) goes on which one and which bolts (recessed head or solid ) goes on which backing plate wheel cylinder. when i disassembled(rear backing plates and wheel cylinders) i got the bolts mixed up. i know the cylinders are 7/8 and same right to left....have seen originals with two different type markings...one with about 5-6 numbers like a vendor code and others with number like 1a and nothing else...was there two suppliers? thx keith if someone had a picture of original wheel cylinder would help...thx again keith...also where the wheel cylinder boots all marked with kelsey hayes
KH plug had the cross hatch and Bendix had the 8A. I will leave the other questions for others .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

One side uses recessed head and other flat head. Now if I can only remember which is which  :o

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on September 02, 2021, 04:20:50 PM
One side uses recessed head and other flat head. Now if I can only remember which is which  :o
You too? I think it's catching .LOL
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 02, 2021, 05:57:17 PM
Quote from: TLea on September 02, 2021, 04:20:50 PM
+1 . You too? I think it's catching .LOL

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge