Author Topic: Set of Shelby 427 Accessory Valve Covers For Sale  (Read 1281 times)

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Set of Shelby 427 Accessory Valve Covers For Sale
« on: September 03, 2021, 12:52:35 PM »
I have a set of Shelby 427 Cobra Accessory Valve Covers For Sale.

They were removed from our Cobra when we restored it a few years back.

They are in Excellent Condition.

I have no idea what they are worth, so I would like to get $750 for the set shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:51:10 PM by SBCARGUY »

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Set of Shelby 427 Accessory Valve Covers For Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
A few more photos

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 06:58:02 PM »
It has come to my attention that these are not sand cast as the original ones however apparently a little different than the ones currently produced for roughly $300 so...

Make an offer if anyone is interested?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:50:54 PM by SBCARGUY »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 09:33:18 PM »
It has come to my attention that these are not sand cast as the original ones however apparently a little different than the ones currently produced for roughly $300 so...

Make an offer if anyone is interested?
The ones you picture are original . They are die cast like original. That is the only way they came when they were made in later 1967. The trademark inside confirms that they are a genuine Shelby accessory valve cover. Repros do not have that trademark. The misinformed person giving you advice that your valve covers are not genuine is most likely confusing the pictured Shelby marked valve covers with the early vintage sand cast 427 Cobra valve covers or 67 Shelby sand cast Lemans valve covers. The Shelby marked valve covers may not be as desirable as some of the early sand cast cover but the pictured ones are Genuine Shelby American made valve covers none the less.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby