Author Topic: trunk wire rats nest  (Read 3620 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: trunk wire rats nest
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 09:17:37 PM »
i read this online "Basically, the system works as follows: when the directional lever on the turn signal switch is moved, it completes circuits that select and feed power from the flasher to the corresponding bank of rear lights. Power for the lights is fed from the turn signal flasher through the turn signal switch to the sequencer and to the inboard light on the side selected. The center and outboard tail lights are controlled by the sequencer" this makes it sound like the dynomite stick is bad if this statement is accurate........
Yes but both went bad at the same time? Keep up the good fight.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 09:19:56 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 10:19:45 AM »
Here is what it looks like to me if someone can confirm. Just speaking about the left side. It appears the power is coming from the green wire under the dash. There is a T that then jump off the green wire via a white wire and sends the power into the stick. It then appears the power should exit the stick via the red and yellow wires which would power the center and end lights. I can test the power entering the stick but it is not exiting via the red and yellow wires.

That said, and the fact that the inner most light is working leads me to believe the stick is dead. Thoughts on this logic?

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 10:42:02 AM »
Generally the reproduction turn signal switches are poorly made and fail frequently. Troubleshooting information here and the best parts available at any price:

http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited/smseqts.htm

NOS Ford turn signal switches are all over eBay and are worth the cost.

Here is what it looks like to me if someone can confirm. Just speaking about the left side. It appears the power is coming from the green wire under the dash. There is a T that then jump off the green wire via a white wire and sends the power into the stick. It then appears the power should exit the stick via the red and yellow wires which would power the center and end lights. I can test the power entering the stick but it is not exiting via the red and yellow wires.

That said, and the fact that the inner most light is working leads me to believe the stick is dead. Thoughts on this logic?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 11:53:20 AM »
thanks Royce. When you say signal switches you are referring to the sequence sticks. Correct?

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 01:42:30 PM »
Here is a picture in case it helps, although it sounds like you are troubleshooting function rather than appearance.

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 02:36:32 PM »
You should include reference to Scott Fuller Reproductions website in your efforts regarding this.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 07:29:51 PM »
No. The turn signal switch is in the steering column.

thanks Royce. When you say signal switches you are referring to the sequence sticks. Correct?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »
68 black are the photos of how this is properly stored from the factory? thanks by the way!

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 08:02:16 PM »
Checked out Fuller got the answer needed. Thanks