News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Black 1968 GT500KR on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 07, 2021, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

Quote from: Scott_Ales on September 15, 2021, 08:11:58 AM
I'm still here reading...

Why?  It won't be the last Shelby I bring to market nor was it the first.  Did all this type of commentary occur when I was selling them 20 years ago for 1/4 the price?  I suppose it was.  The irony is, this EXACT mentality has happened so many times in my career I can't even count them. My former or still current world record results include, Riva wood boats, BMW M6, Lamborghini Countach, Mercedes 107 body conv., Military Humvees, various pieces of construction equipment, and many more. There is always a forum complaining about the new high sales result.  And it ALWAYS comes from the entrenched old guard.  Never the new to the space or freshly minted wealth persons.  As in, slow down there young man, not so fast. Let me tell you why you shouldn't buy that car or pay that much.  Put your dreams on hold and we'll find you a better car.  Or, join us over here where we are the guardians of the value world for all things Shelby.  We're the only ones who know and will flex when we want.  What some of you fail to respect is, not everyone is drinking your "Originality is more valuable" Kool-Aid.  All you have to do is look at the Resto-Mod market to see that. 

My craft is presentation.  I've made it a point to "Present" better than most of my competitors.  I've never shied away from valuable guidance and over the last 20+ years have happily paid for it when possible.  All I have EVER tried to do is present the facts. 

Take your attitude hat off for one moment and think this through.  What has this group done to offer guidance or knowledge before going to market?  Because I tried.  Is this the best you can do?  Grind the platform, seller, presenter, buyer to a pulp then throw in suspicion in the end to cap it off? 

If you want to be the great "Protectors" you claim, create a vetting solution.  Bitching and accusing is not a solution.  Here is my challenge, tell me specifically what you want me to do when the next Shelby lands in my care.  I understand the wealth of knowledge and value you have collectively on this brand.  But poke around a bit to discover how I have accomplished some unusual results in the presentation field. 

Open your minds and look for common ground and solutions.  The alternative isn't worth my time.
Another Very well said!!