News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Black 1968 GT500KR on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 07, 2021, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: CharlesTurner on September 13, 2021, 02:17:44 PM
SOLD FOR $262,589 ON 9/13/21

Scratching my head over this one... not a CJ block, wrong carb, a/c added, automatic...  Clean and well presented, photos and seller engagement must have helped a lot.
I didn't identify you right on the BaT post. Sorry. I'm used to Caspian65. When I read many comments after the car was sold(didn't have time to really follow the car last week) I see you had one flagged as "non constructive". I cannot fathom anywhere where a comment by you isn't constructive in the concours Mustang world. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 14, 2021, 07:13:34 AM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on September 13, 2021, 02:17:44 PM
SOLD FOR $262,589 ON 9/13/21

Scratching my head over this one... not a CJ block, wrong carb, a/c added, automatic...  Clean and well presented, photos and seller engagement must have helped a lot.
I didn't identify you right on the BaT post. Sorry. I'm used to Caspian65. When I read many comments after the car was sold(didn't have time to really follow the car last week) I see you had one flagged as "non constructive". I cannot fathom anywhere where a comment by you isn't constructive in the concours Mustang world. Gary

I'm confused on a couple of things?

1) Was the car represented as Concourse correct and therefore it is misrepresented as such and then can't be worth the reported sales price and shouldn't have been allowed by the peanut gallery here? The sale therefor is some sort of an insult to the loyal baptized followers of this Shelby cult and by right should be nullified and voided?

2)What exactly is a '68 "early metal" dash? I'm stumped and never heard of that?

But obviously I'm a very confused individual? Bless me Father for I have sinned, but where is the confessional?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Personally, I am so done dealing with the perpetually offended crowd.

If you pay double what a car is worth, you probably deserve to be called out on your foolishness. You can pay what you want, just like you can ask what you like, but that makes you no less of a fool.

Whats wrong with the car only supports the fact, that a foolish error has been made.

There are two different dashboards used in 1968. The "early" dash has holes for a knee pad, above the glove box. The later has no holes and no knee pad. KRs do not have knee pads on the dash. Either someone ignorantly added a knee pad to a KR dash or something else nefarious is afoot.

Its time to stop catering to stupidity, people aint got time for that.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 14, 2021, 08:14:14 AM
Personally, I am so done dealing with the perpetually offended crowd.

If you pay double what a car is worth, you probably deserve to be called out on your foolishness. You can pay what you want, just like you can ask what you like, but that makes you no less of a fool.

Whats wrong with the car only supports the fact, that a foolish error has been made.

There are two different dashboards used in 1968. The "early" dash has holes for a knee pad, above the glove box. The later has no holes and no knee pad. KRs do not have knee pads on the dash. Either someone ignorantly added a knee pad to a KR dash or something else nefarious is afoot.

Its time to stop catering to stupidity, people aint got time for that.

Thank you Father for your understanding but does a 67 kneepad qualify it as an all metal dash?

How many "Hail Marry's" do I need?

I understand the stupidity remark and foolishness judgement. It is obvious by following posts on this forum that they are so very permanently present by our brethren.

Father, should we stone these foolish and stupid buyers and posters, exercise self flagellation here to show the world how pure of faith we all are? That we can call out the unpure, sickeningly misguided and self appointed judges amongst us?

Thank you for your response. Bless you!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

We shall not stone them my son, merely pray that they will see the light and be saved.

Bill

My personal two cents worth:

Could there be a personal connection to the car in question we do not know about?
Could it be something they always wanted and could not afford till now?
Could it be a birthday/anniversary present to someone
Could it be two friends just trying to one up each other?

Why should it really matter to anyone but the buyer?

Honestly, we as a group seem to be getting far too wrapped up in what is, and what is not "correct", forgetting that at one point, we were drawn to these cars for what they are, actually enjoyed driving them, racing them, modifying them to conform to our own wants and needs. In my mind, it's all boils down to the wants and needs of one specific person. After that, who am I to question how someone else spends his/her/their hard earned money?

Again, just my personal two cents worth.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 14, 2021, 08:33:28 AM
We shall not stone them my son, merely pray that they will see the light and be saved.

Hallelujah! I have been shown the light of truth! (but denied the gift of spelling correctly)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on September 14, 2021, 08:34:48 AM

Could there be a personal connection to the car in question we do not know about?

Honestly, we as a group seem to be getting far too wrapped up in what is, and what is not "correct", forgetting that at one point, we were drawn to these cars for what they are, actually enjoyed driving them, racing them, modifying them to conform to our own wants and needs. In my mind, it's all boils down to the wants and needs of one specific person. After that, who am I to question how someone else spends his/her/their hard earned money?

Bill

Madonna's at it again? Who's the honey now?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

corbins

I guess like all the rest.... it's only worth what someone (knowledgeable or un-knowledgeable) is willing to pay. Its a pretty car either way.

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Someone really wanted a black/black KR,,, that's for sure...  It's a big bag o'coin in any case...
Tom - DFW, Texas

Special Ed

I thought all 68 shelbys got tilt -tiltaway steering but dont see the vaccum can under battery tray or switch button in lh door  jam below interior light button switch.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on September 14, 2021, 10:04:33 AM
I thought all 68 shelbys got tilt -tiltaway steering but dont see the vaccum can under battery tray or switch button in lh door  jam below interior light button switch.
Shelby's built after a Jan 68 build date would automatically get the tilt option. Certainly a much later built KR would have automatically got that option.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Special Ed on September 14, 2021, 10:04:33 AM

Tilt-away is on the window sticker/marti report and also the code is on the build sheet for it.

As Pete says, maybe something nefarious is in play here...  who will be the first to use the 'R' word?  Or is it the 'D' word?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

I do feel like several of the people who have commented in this thread are failing to understand the differences between nit picking "what is correct" and the actual issues of the car not being properly represented.

I perfectly understand it is against the sellers best interests to reveal all the gory details (if they are known)

I dont see an issue with pointing out the high probability that the buyer was uniformed.

This should serve as yet another example of seeking assistance when you are purchasing something for this type of money.

I guess I disagree we as a community should be contacting potential buyers. The burden is on them. If you have $250,000 to spend on a fastback, you can probably pay a couple thousand for an evaluation or take a few hours to make some new friends on the forums.

Maybe the buyer doesnt care in this case, but I think we can agree that would be an exception.

67 GT350

Quote from: Bill on September 14, 2021, 08:34:48 AM

Bill

I love the "is it just two friends , one upping each other."

I would say, It is just two friends bidding up a car and a third non-friend being the high bidder."
RARE  Signature Delete